'15' stars

Our boys Stargazing that's how I'm coming back after like??? A couple months hiatus

"Stevie, you ready to go" I asked, an ear to ear grin present on my face, after coming off the ice things were getting back to normal and it feels amazing.

"Yeah im ready" Stevie replied nearly at the door already. 
And as we walked out the door, I felt a little of the same love and admiration from those so many years ago, with the joy of the old times I was also hit with the pain of an unrequited love. But I refuse to let it ruin my night with my best pal.

~ timeskip, just a car ride nothing special~

"Heya buck, why'd you pick this place" Steve queried a look of wonderment on his face as usual, I think thats what made me fall in the first place, so much so I almost regret the childlike curiosity he's always emoting.

"I just liked the scenery, and there's a real nice clearing for stargazing and stuff, there's even a little picnic table for our dinner" I replied, while gesturing down to the bag in my hand with our classy takeout pizza and cheap wine dinner.

"Ok, well, lead the way" he finished, and I did, I clasped his hand in mine and began walking down the dim path, trying not to think of the warmth of his hand closed in mine, or how I was glad It was my metal hand, so I couldn't get sweaty. Well that's me overthinking that, the walk to the clearing was quiet and uneventful, we arrived just as the sun was setting and the orange-pink of the sky was reflected beautifully over the trees, Stevie noticed it immediately, and I noticed, once again his beautiful look of wonderment. As he stared at the stunning sunset I stared him, which I found even more stunning. wow ok that sounds creepy, let's move on.

I quickly broke my (not creepy at all) stare and perched myself on the bench at the picnic table and laid out the paper plates and plastic cups, were classy. Soon Steve and I had finished dinner with a plethora of dumb jokes and sarcastic quips. Really just like old times. After getting rid of our trash I laid it the blanket we brought so we could comfortably lay in the grass and watch the stars light up he sky.

"Alright I've got the blanket down, feel free to join me whenever" I stated, quite nonchalantly I might add, I'm proud of myself for being so cool.

"Alright alright I'm coming, needy much" he joked as he made to lay down on the spread blanket and we both turned out eyes to the vast picture of space open before us. "Y'know I've always loved the stars" he began as I directed my gaze back onto him, "such an unknown, dangerous beauty, encapsulating the minds and hearts of men for centuries, always wanting to learn more about what they know they cannot."

"Ok Shakespeare" I chuckled, the obvious admiration clear on my face as our eyes met. I quickly willed tm he prominent flush on my face away. This is just Steve, little Rogers who couldn't fit into his shoes and weighed barely 90 pounds when wet, there's no reason for my flush, except he's also still the Steve I fell in love with all those years ago and never had the courage or means to tell him, god help me. 

"Whatever space is pretty" he deadpanned and I replied with nothing but a scoff.

After that we fell into a comfortable silence just watching the stars, at least it was comfortable until I felt Steve's hand brush against mine, ha wasn't moving his hand nor was I moving mine so I just went for it and grabbed his hand, not meeting his gaze which was surely on me.

"I- um, the stars sure do look nice tonight" I stuttered out completely avoiding staying cool and collected.

"Yeah" Steve replied quite absentmindedly "you do."

What

"What"

"You heard me buck, you look great" he stated quite matter-of-factly, while I honestly struggled to make my mind function properly again.

"Oh" I said finally meeting his gaze again

"Oh?" He questioned, mirth clear in his tone. He's enjoying my suffering. Wow.

"Well, you do to." I began "you look real nice Stevie, in fact you always do, how do you manage that, I've always wondered, I donno if it's your face or the hair or what but you always look so damn good. Now that I'm thinking about it it's probably the eyes, because wow your eyes are gorgeous too." I finished, finally able to contain the fast paced word vomit spewing from my lips.

"Can I kiss you?"

I choked.

"Mhmm yes. Yes." I responded a bit too quickly, and before I knew it my eyes were closed and Stevie's lips were on mine. I couldn't be happier, it wasn't really even a good kiss, we were both out of practice and really just new to each other, but the way we fit together, like lost puzzle pieces, made up for it all, the sloppiness of the first kiss and the years of waiting for it to happen no longer mattered because wow I was kissing Steve Rogers.

As we pulled away for air, Steve looked absolutely blissful and I'm sure my face was mirroring the look.

"Woah." I breathed

"Yeah, woah" he continued "that was uh, I've been waiting a long time to do that buck."

"Ive... me too" I replied shamelessly.

"Hah, so that means we could've been doing this sooner." He added

"I guess so, at least it's happening now though right?"

"You do have a good point, but Bucky I've been meaning to ask, would you like to maybe, go on a date or something of the sort... with me I mean!" He asked, sounding nervous.

"With pleasure, just treat me like the prettiest dame you've ever met." I joked back, trying to lighten the mood and evidently it worked.

"Ha- ha, you really are the prettiest dame." He quipped back

"Why thank you captain Rogers" I swooned.

And with that the night fell into more jokes  and kisses, the stars above watching over us as we made revelations about long held feelings and thoughts.

~~~
1064 words

Heyo I'm back its been so long. Hope you don't hate me.