'17'That one time buck was "mind bogglingly fucking idiotic"

I haven't written in a while so buckle up kiddos.

What id done was stupid, I'll admit that much, but when Steve came barging in the infirmary, with the other avengers at his heels I thought he'd gone just a tad overboard.

"James Buchanan Barnes-" he said, the edge abundantly clear in his voice. Shit.

"Here we go" I interrupted hoping to brush the whole thing off and avoid his berating.

"No let me finish" he took a deep breath to steady himself. "You and I have been through it all, risking our lives for each other in increasingly stupid situations." I nodded, that much was true. "And with all the stupid shit we've done, hell with all the stupid shit I've ever seen, I've never witnessed anything as mind bogglingly fucking idiotic as that shit show you just pulled ever before." His voice continually raised and I could almost feel he anger rolling off him in waves.

"Stevie I'm sor-" I started, trying to justify my actions.

"I said let me finish." He practically growled.

"Captain how about we calm down a bit?" Tony interjected, seeing the situation going nowhere good.

"Shut it tin-man" Steve ordered not wanting to put up with anything else

At this he took to crossing the room, when he reached my side he examined the expanse of bandages covering my otherwise bare chest. His breath hitches as he noticed the true severity of my wounds.

"You could have died!" He practically shouted, and even with years of brainwashing to be the perfect placid soldier, hearing his raised voice directed at me still made me flinch. He took a few deep breaths and tried to calm the storm of emotions stirring beneath his face.
"I could have lost you." At this point his voice was much softer, innumerably so. He sat beside me on my bed and took my hand in his.
"I could have lost you again." He didn't try to hide the soft tear that fell down his face.

"Stevie" was all I said, my voice cracked, it was all I could say.

"Listen Buck, I know what it's like, to be fighting the good fight and throw yourself wholeheartedly into the fight." He chuckled "you and I both know what that's like, but please, please" here his voice cracked "don't put me through losing you again. Please"

At this point neither of us were paying any mind to the other avengers standing silently at the doors entrance, curiously watching the entire scene play out with wide eyes.

"Stevie, baby, I'm sorry." I took his other hand "please understand that, that I'm so so sorry, but also understand that if I could go back and undo what I'd done I wouldn't-"

"Wha-" he started

"Let me finish" I collected myself "I was trying to finish the fight, to protect you, like I always do, and when I saw the shot coming I pushed you out of the way, it's something you and I have done for each other countless times already. This time I was just a bit to slow." A bittersweet smile lay present on my face as I remembered the searing agony I had felt rippling across my entire torso, the power of the alien weapon still resonating in my mind. "Besides, a little pain is nothing I can't handle."

"Oh buck" his melancholy features made me want to sob as he pressed his forehead to mine, "please please just be a bit more careful in the future... I, I can't do this without you." I nodded

"As long as you promise the same, please, I need you."

At this point I was crying and Steve was openly sobbing, I pulled him into my arms and he winced trying to pull away.

"Doesn't it hurt." He traced two gentle fingers down my chest.

"Not anymore, the doctors here work wonders, now cmere." At that he pushed his head into the crook of my shoulder and held me, when the both of us had calmed down, he extracted himself a bit from my grip and I couldn't halo to look at him in question. "What are y-" I inhaled sharply as he gently cupped my face in his hands and pulled me close, our lips mere millimeters apart.

"I need you here with me Buck, you know I do." He whispered into my mouth, the heat of our breaths mingling together.

At that I closed the nearly nonexistent gap between us and pressed our lips together. Even though we'd done this many many times before it always seemed like the first, a fire and passion and uncertainty, but most of all love and adoration. The raw emotion behind the kiss almost startled me, almost. He weaved the fingers of his free hand through my hair and began licking at my bottom lip. I could feel my self shudder and I know he could too. I wanted so much at that moment and yet unfortunately, super soldier or not I needed to breathe and so, with his hands tangled in my hair and my tongue down his throat, I breathlessly pulled away. With flushed cheeks and swollen lips we were both breathing hard.

"We need to do that more often." He said, a cocky grin taking over his features.

"What the... while I agree that was lovely why don't you two take the face sucking somewhere else." Tony said trying to compose himself.

"Jeez at least I'm not the one who stood around and watched." I said getting up from my spot on the bed, pulling Steve with me.

"You ruined their moment Tone." Nat said with a knowing grin plastered on her face.

"As horrifying as that was, yknow to completely forget you guys were in the room and quote unquote "suck face" I think we'll be off. Stevie said while leaning over and planting a chaste kiss to my lips, as we left the room, that all went smoother than I thought. The avengers finding out about our relationship, not the part where Stevie became a blubbering and and also nearly simultaneously yelled at me for almost dying.