Chapter 4

|Chapter 4|
|Maddie's pov:|

Tomorrow was my first surgery I was really nervous.

So I asked the doctors a lot of questions like, "will I survive?", "what are you going to do to me?", "will I feel anything?".

They gave me answers that made me feel a little better but not much.

I finally felt that the time was right to tell Paige that I have cancer.

I texted her saying "hey" she responded saying "hey what's up? I missed you. Are you coming home?"

I answered "no I'm not but I wanted to tell you something important."

She texted me back saying. "What?! Are you ok??"

I said "I was diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks ago and I've been living in the hospital since then. I have my first surgery tomorrow. BI know I should have told you sooner but I was uncomfortable."

It took her a little while to respond. When she finally did she said, "are you joking?"

I answered "no I'm really not."

She texted back saying "oh my gosh Maddie! I'm coming to visit you!"

I answered "no don't come please I don't want you to see me like this."

She answered "I miss you ;( "

I responded, I miss you too I have to go know but don't tell anyone but your family."

She responded "I love you. Good luck on your surgery."

I then shut off my phone.

My mom came in with kenzie again to say hi and good luck on my surgery tomorrow.

They say down in the chairs.

Kenzie was playing a game on her phone and my mom was watching her.

So I just kinda say there staring at a wall.