Prelude

"Are You Sure You Want To Do This?" My Mom Asked Me. I Sighed Deeply Before Nodding My Head. Today Was My Wedding Day And For Some Reason, My Mom Was Trying To Talk Me Out Of It.

"Yeah I'm Sure." I Said, Applying My Makeup.

"You Look So Beautiful Mom!" SaMiyah Said.

"Yeah! Like A Princess!" Savannah Added. I Smiled And Turned Around To Embrace My Girls In A Tight Hug. They Were The Reason Why I Didn't Give Up On Life Completely After Their Dad Died.

"Thanks You Guys. I Love Y'all So Much." I Said, Kissing Their Foreheads.

"We Love You Too!" They Both Said At The Same Time.

"And We Love Brandon!" Savannah Said.

"I Don't." SaMiyah Murmured. I Sighed And Gently Caressed SaMiyah's Cheek. She Had Taken Dex's Death Pretty Hard When I Told Her That He Had Passed. She Refused To Acknowledge Another Man As Her Father And I Don't Blame Her. Brandon Was A Good Guy Though And I Really Hoped She'd Give Him A Chance.

"I Know You Miss Your Dad, But Give Brandon A Chance. At Least For Me?" I Said. She Rolled Her Eyes And Nodded.

"Okay Fine." She Said. I Giggled And Kissed Her Cheek. SaMiyah Was Six Years Old And Still Such A Handful. She Never Held Her Tongue About How She Was Feeling And I Loved That About Her. Savannah, On The Other Hand, Was Now Three And She Was Somewhat Shy And Quiet. Every Time I Looked At Her, I Saw Dex's Face, But That Just Made Me Love Her Even More Because I Knew Dex Would Always Live On Through Our Daughter.

"You Girls Go Find Your Aunt India." My Mom Said. They Both Nodded And Hurried Out Of The Room While I Fixed My Hair.

"I Think You're Making A Big Mistake." My Mom Said. I Stopped What I Was Doing And Turned To Face Her.

"What Do You Mean?" I Asked.

"Asia You Don't Love Brandon Like You Loved Dex! You Love The Lifestyle That This Boy Can Give You, But You Don't Love Him." She Said.

"What Are You Talking About? I Do Love Brandon And I Love The Things He Does For Me And The Girls." I Said. She Shook Her Head.

"Fine. I Won't Press The Issue Any Long, But Mark My Words. You Are Gonna Regret Saying I Do To This Man." She Said. She Got Up And Walked Out Of The Room, Leaving Me Alone With Nothing But My Thoughts.

*

"Here Comes The Bride," Starting Playing As Everyone Stood Up From Their Seats. I Was Extremely Nervous As I Stood There Completely Frozen. Did I Really Want To Do This?

"You Ready?" India Asked Me. I Swallowed Hard And Nodded As We Linked Arms And Started Walking Down The Aisle Together. I Looked Up And Saw Brandon Standing There Waiting On Me.

He Looked So Handsome, But Was He Really Someone I Wanted To Spend The Rest Of My Life With? Yeah He Was Sweet, Funny, And Hella Rich, But He Wasn't Dex. Nobody Could Live Up To My Expectations And I Think That Was Because I Was Looking For Dex In All The Guys I Had Dated After He Passed. That's One Real Reason Why I Accepted Brandon's Proposal Because I Believed He Could Live Up To What I Wanted In A Man. When We Got To The End Of The Aisle, Brandon Smiled And Reached Out For Me. I Returned The Smile And Grabbed Ahold Of His Hand As We Stood At The Alter Together.

"Good Afternoon. We Are Gathered Today To Join This Man Brandon And This Woman Asia In Holy Matrimony, Which Is An Honorable Estate, That Is Not To Be Entered Into Unadvisedly Or Lightly, But Reverently And Soberly." The Minister Began. I Looked Up At Brandon And He Looked Down At Me Smiling.

"I Love You." He Mouthed.

"I Love You Too." I Mouthed Back. Could I Get Strikes Down For Lying In Front Of A Minister? I Mean...I'm Technically Not Lying When I Say I Love Brandon, But At The Same Time...I Don't Love Him The Way He Loves Me.

"If Anyone Can Show Why These Two Should Not MW Lawfully Joined Together, Let Them Speak Now Or Forever Hold Their Peace." He Said. I Looked Back At The Crowd As Everyone Stared At Us. We Had No More Than Fifty People At Our Small Wedding And Most Of The People Here Were Brandon's Family, Friends, And Acquaintances.

"Who Gives-" The Minister Began, But He Was Abruptly Cut Off By A Loud Voice.

"Hold Up Rev! I Object!"

I Huffed As I Turned Around, Along With Everyone Else, But I Froze When I Saw Dex Standing There Looking At Us.

"Dex?" Was The Last Thing I Said Before I Completely Fainted.