23.

Asia Clarke

My Eyes Slowly Opened As I Woke Up With The Worst Headache Ever! Slowly Sitting Up, I Winced At The Pain Coming From My Head.

"Bout Time You Woke Up." Dex Said, Walking Into The Room With A Breakfast Tray.

"What Time Is It?" I Asked.

"Ten In The Morning. You Been Out Since Last Night." He Said.

"I Don't Remember Anything. I Mean...I Was Up Waiting For You And Then India Called And Asked Me To Give Her A Ride, But She Was At Brandon's House. And-" I Ranted OK, But Dex Cut Me Off.

"Hey. We'll Talk About All That Later On. In The Meantime, Take This Aspirin And Eat." He Told Me. He Couldn't Even Look At Me As He Sat The Tray Down And Turned Around.

"Dex? What Happened Last Night?" I Asked.

"I Just Said We'll Talk About This Later. Eat Your Food And When You're Done Go Take A Hot Bath!" He Shouted.

"NO DEX! TELL ME WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!" I Yelled, Wincing At The Pounding Pain In My Head. He Sighed And Sat Down On The Edge Of The Bed. He Took A Deep Breath And Started Telling Me What Happened From The Time He And Dacieon Were Hanging Out, To The Time He Brought Me Home. By The End Of His Story, I Was Rushing To The Bathroom To Throw Up At The Events That Happened. And On Top Of That, My Body Felt Like I Had Been Hit By A Fucking Semi Truck.

"Baby." Dex Said, Walking Into The Bathroom. I Had Tears Running Down My Face As I Cried My Eyes Out. Finding Out I Was Drugged And That My Sister Had Committed Suicide Was Too Much For My Heart To Bear. Dex Pulled Me Into His Arms And Held Me Close While I Cried Into His Chest. Why Does Everything Bad Happen To Me And My Family? I Tried To Do The Right Thing And Be Happy, But It Backfires On Me Every Single Time.

*

Later On That Night, I Hadn't Gotten Out Of Bed As I Cried My Eyes Out. Though I Was So Pissed Off At India's Betrayal, I Was Still Hurt To Find Out That She Was Gone.

"Why Indy? Why?" I Cried, Closing My Eyes.

"I'm Sorry." I Heard Someone Say. I Looked Up And Jumped When I Saw India Standing There. What The Fuck? Was This A Dream? It Had To Be!

 What The Fuck? Was This A Dream? It Had To Be!

"I-India? How...What...Uhhh..." I Muttered, Falling Off Of The Bed. I Backed Away From The Bed Until My Back Hit The Wall.

"I Couldn't Cross Over Without Giving You An Explanation On Why I Did What I Did." She Spoke Softly.

"Explanation? India You Drugged Me And Allowed Brandon To Take Advantage Of Me! And For What? A Few Hundred Dollars? Thousands Maybe? Why India! WHY?" I Screamed. She Sighed And Sat Down In Front Of Me.

"Asia...All I Can Tell You Is That I'm Sorry For Doing What I Did. I Never Meant To Hurt You But-" I Quickly Cut Her Off.

"You Never Meant To Hurt Me? India This Was The SECOND Time You've Tried To Fuck Me Over! Not The First, But The Second!" I Cried.

"Asia I Fucked Up But You Have To Understand...I Wasn't In My Right Mind! Brandon Drugged Me As Well And I Just Went Crazy. I Really Am Sorry And I Love You So Much." She Had Tears In Her Eyes As She Stood Up And Pulled Something Out Of Her Pocket. "This Is Brandon's Last Will And Testament. I Know This Doesn't Make Up For Me Doing What I Did, But Hopefully It'll Be A Start." With A Blink Of An Eye, India Disappeared Leaving Me Alone In My Room. My Breathing Was Heavy As The Door Flew Open And Dex Rushed In.

"Baby? What You Doing On The Floor? And Who The Hell You In Here Talking To?" He Asked, In A Concerned Voice.

"India...She Was...She Was Here." I Cried.

"Baby Don't Upset Yourself. You Know India's Gone."

"She Was Just Here Dex!" I Snapped. He Helped Me Up Off Of The Floor And I Rushed Towards The Bed, Grabbing The Piece Of Paper India Left For Me.

"What Is That?" He Asked.

"Brandon's Will." I Whispered.

"What? How You Get That?"

"India Left It For Me." I Slowly Unfolded The Letter And Read It Quietly. "Oh My God."

"What's Wrong?"

"Brandon Left Everything To Me. All His Cars, Money, His Houses...Everything." I Said. Dex Snatched The Paper Out Of My Hand And Glared At The Paper.

"Aw Shit." He Muttered. "He Really Did Leave All His Shit To You." I Wiped My Eyes As Dex And I Embraced Each Other In A Hug.

"Am I Gonna Be Okay?" I Asked Him.

"Of Course You Are Baby. As Long As We Got Each Other And Our Family...We'll Be Straight." He Assured Me.