Chapter 4

Ethan growing fast

Emmett's POV

A week. It had been a week. I look at the room Riley was in. Jason was in there with Bella. Normally I don't leave her side but right now I needed to be with Ethan. He grew quickly like Renesmee did (picture) and I didn't know what to do. He was growing too fast. And Riley couldn't even see it. He's been attempting to walk but he normally just falls back down. He likes to make babbling sound so I know he'll be talking soon and it worries me. I watch Bella and Jason come out. I walk in holding Ethan on my hip. I close the door behind me and sigh. I normal don't like Ethan coming in here but its not right to separate them just because she's like this. Ethan looked at Riley as I sat on the chair next to her.

"That's your mum." I smile.

"Mmmm" I heard him mumble. I chuckle and he reached over, wrapping his small hands around her finger, and the heart monitor beeped quicker. I look at Riley and Carlisle came in. He took one look at the monitor and his eyes widened. I pick up Ethan and take him out the room.

"What's going on?" Alice asked. I hand her Ethan and rushed back in. I saw her shacking and Carlisle just standing there sadly.

"She's going into Cairo-arrest(I think that's what its called.). We have to wait for it to pass." He said. After a couple minutes she stopped and Carlisle checked her over.

"Emmet." I looked to the door. Edward stud there holding the phone. "Its Billy." I sigh and take the phone going out the room.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Emmett. Can I talk to Riley?" Billy?

"Jacob didn't tell you?" I ask. "She's in...well We don't know. It's like a coma." I say sadly.

"She's what?" He asked quietly. "What happened?" His voice was deep and seemed to be trying to hold in his anger.

"Rosalie bit her. She's been unconscious since." I say.

"How long?" He asked.

"A week." I say. The phone cut off and I sigh, going over to Ethan. He giggled and crawled to my feet. I smile sadly and pick him up.

"Mumu" I smile and chuckle.

"Yeah." I say sadly looking over to the room Riley was in.