Chapter 9

listen to the music while you read...enjoy

I sat in my room. It had been a while since I did anything. I had stayed in here for a week. I only let in Emmett and Ethan. I laid on the bed and let out a shaky sob, tears running freely. I let out a sob and scream into a pillow.

"Mummy?" I heard a voice from outside the door. "Daddy said its uncle Jason's funeral soon." He said. I got up and whipped my eyes and walk over to the door. I opened the door and looked down at Ethan.

"Tell daddy I'm just getting dressed." I say sadly. He nodded and turned around but I grabbed his hand. I kneeled down in front of him. "I love you Ethan. You know that right?" He nodded with a smile. I give him a weak smile. "Good." I kiss his head and he went off. I walked into my room and changed into the black dress Alice picked out for me.. It was a sunny day so only me and Ethan was going to the funeral. I pick up my suitcase and role it behind me.

"Hey. How are you?" I look over to see Alice. I nod . She looked at the suitcase and gave me a sad look. "Riley. I-"

"Just some old stuff I was going to give to Billy to put in his attic." I say and she frowned.

"I know what your planning." She said and I looked down. "Running away isn't the answer."

"How would you know?" I snap. "I can't just sit here and wait for them to attack my son again. Not if I can do something to protect him." I say. "He's safer here with you and Emmett and everyone. You can't deny it. Everyone around me dies. Frist my parents, now my brother. I will rather take my own life than see my son die." I say.

"Its your choose." She said sadly and I go over and take Ethan's hand. I kneel down to him and smile through the tears. "Hey."

"Are you okay mummy?" He asked.

"Yes baby." I sile whipping my tears away. "I don't want you to come with me okay baby. I will go alone. I don't want you to see your uncle right now." He looked down and nodded. I got up but he grabbed my hand.

"Please don't leave." He said and teared up. I couldn't hold back the tears any more and pulled him into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry baby I have too." I say and put him down. Alice came over and picked him up as he screamed and cried. Begging me not to go. I let out a sob and look at his crying face once more, before getting in my car and leaving. I was going to Italy, to the vulture, to get answers. Only then would I come back.

I promise Ethan, I'll come back soon.