Chapter 5

Ethan at 5

Six months. Six months since anything. Ethan was 5 according to Carlisle's tests. I sigh and watch him play with Jason. I look over to Riley. I frown sadly until I saw Ethan go over. He looked around and I looked away so he didn't know I was watching. I saw him go inside and I followed standing in the doorway. I saw Ethan go over and go under the bed. I watched him grab a book and sit on the bed next to his mum.

"Daddy read me this last night. Its a really good book." He smiled. "Maybe I can read it to you one day. The words are too big for me to read now. Grandpa says I'm five." He smiled and laid next to her. "I wish you was here. I had a dream about you and we was all happy. Please wake up mummy." Nothing happened. "Fine then." He pouted. "I'll sleep too." He closed his eyes and yawned. I smile as I wait until I knew he was asleep. I walk inside and look down at them.

"You did good." I look over to Jacob. "She was happy."

"I know." I smile moving her hair and saw her eye twitch. "Riley?" I ask.

"What?" Jacob asked.

"Her eye it-" I was cut off when it opened slowly. "Riley?" She looked up at me and smiled softly.

"Why does everything hurt?" She asked.

"Jaco-" I turn but he was already gone. I guess he knew what to do.

"Emmett?" I look to her and she was stroking Ethan's hair. "Does he know who I am?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"Of course princess." I smile kissing her head. Ethan shifted and opened his eyes looking at Riley.

"Mummy?" He asked. Riley smiled and nodded hugging him even though I could see the pain in her eyes. I saw Ethan crying and hug back. Carlisle came in and smiled.

"Ethan let grandpa make sure you mums ok." I say. He nodded and got up watching Carlisle's ever move.