The Girl Who Lived : Draco & Harry (+Reader)

Y/n was left, she had no parents and no home. Then Dumbledore came. He took her in and raised her as his own. She was a witch, y/n grew up knowing that... unlike her twin brother. He was raised by their aunt and uncle, who were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. Y/n had never met them, she had never been in the muggle world.

Dumbledore was quite sure she would be placed in Gryffindor, just like her twin brother. But she wasn't. The hat said Slytherin, which made Snape rather happy. Y/n has yet to met her brother, she didn't know she had one. Snape wasn't sure if he wanted her to meet him. Dumbledore wanted them to meet but at there own recognition, he wasn't going to put them in a room and say they were related.

Y/n had kept her distance from the other witches and wizards in her house. She felt like she stood out in the Slytherin house. Therefore she spent her time in the library reading up about different creatures like Dumbledore's old friend Newt had told her and even shown her about. Y/n loved creatures, they were fantastic, when she finished Hogwarts she wanted to travel and find her own creatures.

* * *

I sat in the library reading a book on magical creatures, this was a new one. In my 6 years at this school and 16 years living here, I had never seen it on the shelf before. I opened my notebook and started drawing one of the creatures. Dumbledore said I was a great drawer but he had to say that, I had stopped calling him 'Dad' a long time ago, but being my 'guardian' he had to say that. I lifted my head and looked around, across the isle I saw Draco sitting with his head firmly in a book, actually doing work... He looked as though he was struggling. I wrote the page number and the name of the book in my notebook, placing the book back and gathering my belongings I made my way over to him. I hadn't really talked to him that much, I didn't have friends really. "Are you okay? You look like you're stuck"

"Yeah actually" he said and it surprised me how nice he was when he was alone.

"Do you need some help?" I asked, "I don't mind" I added, still standing next to him. I wanted to keep my distance so I wasn't intruding too much.

"It's Herbology" he said, looking up at me for the first time, he frowned as if he thought he seen someone else, "you can sit down, you know"

I nodded and sat down next to him, "I've done all that already" I said, referring to the course. "I took an extra class last year" I added.

"So you know it all?" He asked. I looked at him a little offended, "no what I mean is you know everything about Herbology"

"Oh right, yeah I suppose I do..." I said, frowning. "What are you stuck on?" I asked.

"Everything" he laughed. I smiled at him, "you don't mind helping?"

"Not at all" I smiled, taking the piece of paper in my hand to have a look at it.

Draco knew all the answers he just needed the extra push. Even if it took us about two hours to finish the work, he still understood it. "Thanks for helping me out" Draco smiled as he placed his pencil back in his blazer pocket and folded the paper up and placed it in his pocket. "Do you wanna head back to the common room or are you busy?"

"No I was going to go back anyway" I said, it was a lie, I was going to go to Dumbledore and ask him about some of the creatures in the book. He might know some things about them or let me write a letter to Newt.

"We can walk together then" Draco said. His attitude seem to of changed, I looked round to see his so called 'friends' watching from a distance and laughing. How pathetic, he is allowed to talk to other people, but obviously I was the 'uncool nerd' and no one was allowed to talk to me. I felt some anger rise up in me and then it faded when Draco said, "Ignore them, let's go." I smiled at him and we walked past his 'friends'. They didn't say a word to either of us, I was glad, and I watched Draco when we walked past them. He seemed to look at them in a certain way, almost as if he didn't like them but he was forced to. I really hope I had read his expression right otherwise this might not end well, for me. "Do they bug you normally?" He asked after a long moment of silence as we walked down the corridor from the library.

"Erm" I was stuck for words, do I tell the truth or cover them?

"That's a yes, is that why you always sleep in the common room?" Draco asked. I nodded, not feeling like talking anymore. After a moment Draco said, "You're really smart, like that mudblood"

"Who?" I asked, slightly offended at the use of the word.

"You know the one with Harry Potter" Draco spat.

"You mean Hermione Granger, I think she's really nice, we sit in the library together sometimes... She said she would introduce me to Ron and Harry" I said, going off in my little world, I haven't met Harry, but he seems nice, Dumbledore talks about him a lot. Draco grunted and I took the hint that I should be quiet.

* * *

That night Draco walked into the common room to find y/n laying on the sofa with the fire still on. This time he didn't walk back to his room her walked up to the sofa and unfolded the throw and placed it over her. He looked at the fire and back at y/n, he debated whether to turn it off, he decided he should. Before he put out the fire he noticed a scar on her forehead, just like Harry Potter's.

* * *

A couple of weeks had gone by since Draco and I first 'met', if you like and I have helped him out with his work but he keeps talking about Harry Potter. He doesn't seem to like him, or his friends. I think it's down to him being in a different house...

I made my way up to Dumbledore's office, it was a weekly routine of mine as I had a free period today. He's always so busy so we find time to catch up. I made my way to the entrance and up the stairs. I can remember I always got lost trying to find it when I was younger. "Albus, has Newt told you about a Niffler, I've been reading up about them in his book but I-" I looked up from the textbook to see a boy my age, he was in my year I had seen him around. He had round black glasses and a checked shirt one, he looked familiar, like looking in a mirror. "Oh I'm sorry sir I didn't know you were in a meeting, I'll come back later" I said turning to walk out.

"Oh no, y/n. We were just having a catch up weren't we Harry" Albus said. I walked closer to them. Smiling at the boy, "y/n I'd like you to meet Harry" Albus said.

"Hello. I'm y/n" I introduced myself, holding out my hand for him to shake it.

"Harry, Harry Potter" he said shaking my hand. He frowned and I frowned at him too. "You look-"

"Familiar?" I suggested, he nodded, dropping my hand, "yes I thought the same thing when I walked in here" I laughed, he smiled which made me feel a little more at ease. I scratched my forehead underneath my fringe and he done the same, we frowned again.

"I best get going, Professor" Harry said. "Nice to meet you" he said before exiting. 

I've decided to split this imagine, this part was just setting up everything really. Thanks for reading!

HARRY POTTER ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara