Chapter 18

Quick A/N: Long ass chapter, this one.

Blinding stage lights, booming music, sweaty bodies of people, crazy dancing and dizzying alcoholic beverages all jam packed into one shrinking space. However it only fuelled the thrill that Alestine was currently feeling. It was visible in every crevice of her face, which seemed to glow brighter than the lighting of the club itself.

How we made it inside, despite being below the legal age, was all a miracle for her.

One that occurred all thanks to me.

She'd cast me an excited look, which seemed to only grow, every step we took towards the bar stools.

"This is awesome!" Alestine yells, in my ear, over the loud music which made it almost impossible to talk.

"Better than the party I tell you," I yell back, her buoyancy rubbing off me.

I practically lived in places like these. Parties, clubs and more. So after a few years' break, it feels quite refreshing to come back here.

More importantly with someone else by my side. Someone who can appreciate the real me. Someone who actually does care.

I've had friends. Friends, I though, actually mattered. Friends I partied with, friends I messed around with, friends that dared me to do things. But it only took one mishap, and one problem for them to turn their backs on me.

Then I had finally realised.

They weren't really my friends. They didn't like the real me. They liked an image of me. One that didn't take long to shatter. And when it did, so did our so called friendship which I placed so much importance on. Down went my fake friends and my fake attitude.

I guess everything is for the best.

After meeting someone, much more different from them, I feel like this is the type of person I actually wanted a company of.

She's a girl. I would have never imagined being just friends with a girl. I had female friends but they always became something more after just an hour. They always came for something more anyways. Girls weren't meant to be friends with. They weren't meant for banter.

That's practically suggesting that I always downgraded women. Which I did.

Now I feel like slapping my old self, because there's one standing right next to me. A woman. Not just an immature girl. Who's soon to be an important friend. Or perhaps already is.

Alestine bumps her shoulder against mine and eyes me. "What are you thinking about? Are we gonna sit here all night?"

"Let's order something. Do you drink?" I ask her, turning to the bartender.

"I never have. But I want to try!" she beams as if asking for candy.

"Right." I turn to the bartender. "Can we have two shots of screwdriver?"

"Perfect for first timers!" the bartender, a dark well built man possibly in his twenties, nods towards Alestine and turns around.

She pulls at my sleeve and beckons me near her. "Would it get me drunk?" She whispers in my ear.

I lean back and look at her, trying to see if she is joking. When she looks at me expectantly, I notice she isn't.