W h e n a P o e t F a l l s i n L o v e

When a poet falls in love, there are only two things that could happen.

It is either that the sun will shine just as the same days it would, brightly, confidently, giving light to everywhere and everything it touches,

mornings are sweet as the whispers of the mountains, repeatedly echoing through the small valleys, 'I love him, I love him'

Afternoons were a mix of smiles and hugs and everything gentle, occupying and making home of the heavens,

and just as the sun would go down, her heart calms as the lulling of the seas would sing her a lullaby into her sleep,

reminding her that dreaming would keep her alive,

and thinking of him, would keep her breathing.

And before everything becomes the night, she would write.
A poem that sings about him.
A poem that she would not believe she had written.
A poem where she had put all the metaphors she had known.
Until she could no longer write. though her heart creates these rhymes that longs to be written down, she believes that it was suffice.

that is because, she is falling in love.

And when a poet falls in love, it could also be that she had woken up late,

missing the sunrise she have waited in her sleep, where she would regret writing too long that night, making the rest of her day surrounded with dark clouds.

because she is falling in love, the rain would pour down as the waters in her eyes, saddened because of the one thing she missed.

But as the rain would pour down, she would learn how to dance under it, accepting and embracing love, because no matter what happens, she would write her heart out.

In a sunny day, a rainy one, or a transition of one to the other, a poet knows when she is in love.

Etched in her palms, was his name.

So when a poet falls in love, worry not for she is a strong believer of the things that makes her write.  

Fate is fate, after all.

This is long because I was originally planning to try to make a spoken word poetry but.. oh well. One of my personal faves 😍😍😍