Chapter 4

Aang watched as Zuko held Katara in his arms. He was so relived that she was alive again but a tiny pang of jealousy came all over him.

Quit being selfish Aang, you should be happy she's even alive right now.

Aang thought to himself as he shook his head. She's alive so he was happy.

As Zuko held onto her running his fingers through her long brown hair, Sokka came up and put his hand on his shoulder.

"We should probably take Katara to the northern water tribe, they have some of the best healers in the world there." Sokka said, Zuko nodded not really enjoying the northern water tribe after there last experience but he'd do anything for Katara.

Zuko got on his knees and lifted Katara up bridal style, but as he lifted her from the ground she whimpered loudly as she held her stomach wincing a bit.

Everyone including Zuko cringed at the sound of pain in her voice, Zuko looked down to her with apologetic eyes and walked over to Appa slowly.

"I'm sorry Katara, we have to get you up and to the northern water tribe I didn't mean to hurt you." Zuko said calmly to her as he handed her to Aang, who airbended them both onto Appa's saddle.

Aang set her down against the side so that her back was leaning against the saddle before walking up to Appa's reigns. Once everyone was sat down Aang lifted the reigns up and said Yip Yip to his bison before he flew through the air from the area they were in.

As the ground got smaller and smaller Zuko grunted not liking the feeling of flying, he laid back with Katara and wrapped his arms around her body so that she could lean on him instead of the hard wooden saddle.

As he smoothed down her soft brown hair he saw Toph scooting closer to him and Katara so he figured she wanted to talk.

"Did you need something Toph?" Zuko asked her feeling a bit bad how rude he sounded but he wasn't very good at starting conversations.

"I can tell ya don't like flying either sparky." Toph said looking up to Zuko with a grin on her face.

"No not really, how did you know?" Zuko said sarcastically as he chuckled at her comment. Toph had a satisfied grin on her face as she got a laugh out of Zuko.

"Sooo Zuko, you and Katara seem to be getting.. a bit." Toph started as a mischievous grin formed on her face

Don't say it Toph, don't say it. Zuko thought to himself as he looked to her with pleading eyes.

"Closer." Toph finally finished. Aang's back shot straight up as he heard this, but he acted like he couldn't hear the conversation.

"I uh.. I mean I guess.." Zuko said looking down to Katara to see her sleeping peacefully in his lap.

"Yeah I guess we have, I don't know, it's none of your business Toph." Zuko finally snapped as he was running out of words. He felt his cheeks get warm and hoped it wasn't noticeable. Toph just snickered as she leaned back and raised and eyebrow.

"Aww no need to get cranky Sparky, it was just a question. Hey wait.. are you blushing?" She asked as she bursted out laughing, he was about to argue back before Sokka's loud voice interrupted them, which for once Zuko was grateful for.

"Hey guys we're already here!" Sokka yelled as he hung over Appa and pointed down to the large city of ice.

Zuko peaked his head over as his eyes widened a bit. They had almost rebuilt everything which he was shocked since the fire nation destroyed there home a couple of weeks ago.