Chapter 13

Zuko watched the girl he loved lay on the red hospital bed in his palace as nurses surrounded her healing her wounds. Himself, Aang, Toph, Sokka, Sukki, and his uncle all stayed in and watched.

"I just don't understand! Our mother and father weren't fire benders, how can this even be possible?" Sokka asked scratching his head as he stared at his unconscious sister.

"Maybe Azuela poisoned her to make her a fire bender and take her water bending away?" Toph said raising an eyebrow.

"No because she water bended Azuela to the wall." Aang said folding his arms.

"Could their possibly be two avatars?" Suki asked as the all looked to each other with concern.

"No children, there is only one good explanation for this.. I didn't think the legends were true but.. she has to be a-" Iroh started but got interrupted by Katara shooting up with her eyes wide open.

-•-

Katara immediately shot up not knowing where she was or what was going on, last she remembered she was in the arms of her lover. Just as she looked around she groaned and held her head.

"Katara are you okay?" All of her friends asked at different times as everyone started crowding her head causing her to grit her teeth and hold her head more as the headache got stronger, Iroh quickly broke through the group of people.

"Don't harass her, she hasn't learned to control her bending yet and she's gonna-"  Iroh started but before he could finish Katara let out a scream as flames escaped her mouth causing everyone to back up, Iroh quickly bended them away.

Everyone looked to her in fear causing her heart to drop, she didn't know what was wrong with her as tears started to form in her eyes.

"Katara dear you are alright, you are safe now and you have saved your friends and the Fire Nation." Uncle Iroh said to her softly.

"W-What's wrong with me.. you all are terrified of me.. I'm a monster now!" Katara whispered causing more tears to run down her face.

Zuko's eyes widened seeing her sadness as he ran to her side and held her hand rubbing it softly with his thumb.

"None of us are scared of you, we just didn't think you were capable of this." Zuko said kissing her palm softly causing Katara to smile a little bit.

"Well not to interrupt your little moment, but Iroh can you explain what's going on with her?" Toph asked as the rest of them nodded.

"Well.." Iroh started folding his arms as he went into thought.

"A legend was told long ago that if two benders of the opposite element got close to each other, they would soon pick up each other's traits and techniques and it would be possible for them to.. bend the opposite element." Iroh said scratching his head.

"Katara.. you're a Chi Bender." Iroh said smiling to her softly.

"A chi bender.. so I can bend fire now?" Katara asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well it will take years of training, you certainly haven't controlled it yet but yes, in the near future you can be a talented fire bending master as well as a water bending master." Iroh said shaking his head.

"I can still water bend right?" Katara said looking a bit worried.

"Of course child, no need to worry." Iroh said with a reassuring smile.

"Wait so does that mean.. Zuko can water bend?" Toph asked with a mischievous grin forming on her face.

"Well if he truly practiced it could be possible." Iroh answered which led to Sokka and Toph to burst out laughing.

"Look at me, I'm Zuko a majestic water bender!" Sokka said in a soft voice as he danced around the room causing Zuko to growl as Katara giggled watching.

"In summary of what I said, you are no monster Katara, just make sure you try to control your emotions because fire is the element of great power, one wrong move and it could stir a big mess." Iroh said folding his arms.

"I think I can help her handle it." Zuko said kissing her cheek softly causing her to smile.

"Well I'll leave you two alone, later tonight there is going to be a gala in Katara's honor for once again saving the Fire Nation from getting in the wrong hands." Iroh said bowing before he walked out of the room.

The rest of the gang followed Iroh except a stubborn looking Aang.

"Aang, would you give us a moment please?" Katara said with a hopeful smile on her face, with that he huffed but finally left the room.

"Katara, I'm so happy you're safe." Zuko said picking her up and hugging her tightly as he ran his fingers through her long brown hair.

"Not one day did I not miss your face, and the sound of your voice." Katara said as tears ran down her face hugging him back tightly.

"I almost lost you again, I can promise I will always protect you no matter what." Zuko said breaking away from the hug and looking down to the beautiful water bender in his arms.

"As will I, I love you Zuko, I always will." Katara said kissing his lips softly.

"And I will always love you Katara." Zuko whispered before continuing their kiss.

-•-

Later that night the 6 friends enjoyed a night of fun. The people of the Fire Nation congratulated Katara on her victory and new achievement and praised the future queen of the Fire Nation.

Katara and Zuko danced through the night finally having peace to love each other happily as they had always dreamed of.

Suki and Sokka also had their moments throughout the gala, with Sokka occasionally breaking out his 'professional dance moves', it only made Suki admire him more.

As for Aang, he remained bummed for awhile but soon enough Toph came to cheer him up, he even wanted to know more about her as the night moved on.

Everyone in the gang was finally happy, everything seemed so perfect but we know all good things come to an end.

Suddenly the roof of the palace started to shake as the glass fell and giant airships with Earth Nation Symbols on it came down.

"We are the rebellions of the Earth Kingdom, and we are here to take back our rightful power!" One man yelled as the rest of the men cheered.

The gang looked to each other with worry until they all grinned.

"Are you ready for another crazy adventure?" Zuko asked Katara.

"I was born ready." Katara answered and off the 6 friends went to protect the world.

The End..
                    Or is it?