Chapter 8

As the team all walked back inside the palace Katara walked up to her own room while the rest of them sat around the fireplace.

"What happens to Katara out there? She went from water bending master to cowering and crying." Sokka asked raising an eyebrow.

"She is still suffering from memories in the past, they still haunt her even though she's getting better." Zuko explained looking to Sokka.

"What even was that thing? Giant red monsters don't just come around the Northern Water Tribe that's unheard of." Aang said scratching his head.

"Azuela sent it." Zuko mumbled looking down as everyone gasped.

"Azuela?! I thought she was locked away!" Suki said with wide eyes.

"Yeah how do you even know she sent it? Though it is something she'd do that doesn't make sense." Toph said raising an eyebrow.

"That weird sound the monster made when I asked who sent it, well it was talking." Zuko said rolling his eyes to all of their responses.

"You can talk to monsters now?" Sokka said with his mouth gaped open.

"Most fire benders can, that was one of the dragon monsters." Zuko explained as they all nodded.

"Sooo.. Azuela is out and she's out to get one of us? How are we going to tell Katara she'll freak out!" Aang said worried.

"We won't tell her, we will need to be on the move soon though if she knows our location." Zuko said glaring at Aang.

"But the Northern Water Ball is tomorrow! Can't we just stay for one more day?" Sokka whined as they all looked to him with pleading eyes.

Zuko bent his head down as he looked to them as if they were actually serious or not, finally he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah yeah we can stay for the ball, but then we leave the next day." Zuko mumbled as they all cheered happily.

Zuko stood up stretching his back out before starting to walk out of the room.

"Where are you going Zuko?" Toph asked looking up from their victory.

"I'm going to speak with Katara, try to make her feel better." Zuko said, seeing Aang's eyebrows furrow with anger he snickered to himself as he walked out.

"Relax air hippie I'm just going to help her calm down." Zuko said as he walked up the stairs hearing the others laugh at his comment.

-•-

As Katara finally got to her room she sighed looking in the mirror, her hair was a mess. She stripped her bathing suit off and grabbed her undergarments from before. She then opened the closet and grabbed a silky blue robe and slipped it over her.

Katara then opened the french doors and walked out to the ledge looking over the Northern Water Tribe. She wrapped her arms around herself as she felt the cold air starting to come back as the moon took over the sky.

I don't get it, I got healed by the best healers and I've been training just fine, what happened?

Katara thought to herself as she sighed looking down.

"I'm never going to be the master bender I was before." Katara mumbled frowning.

"Yes you will, you already are."

A soft husky voice said behind her which made her jump 5 feet in the air before spinning around to see Zuko. He lifted his hands and laughed.

"Relax Katara it's just me Zuko." He said smiling as he grabbed her hand and led her to the edge of the bed. Katara let out a sigh as she sat on the edge of the bed and looked down.