Chapter 6

Katara had never forgotten the night her and Zuko and finally connected. They were like yin and yang. He was the sun and she was the night. She was lightness and he was darkness.

For the past couple of weeks Katara continued to practice her bending with Zuko 'helping' her occasionally. They both decided to keep whatever they had secret from the group, little did they know Aang still knew.

One morning Katara woke up looking out the window and smiling seeing the sun out bright. She was a bit shocked it felt warmer than usual, she walked outside to the ledge and found it very warm, maybe even hot outside.

She figured it must have been one of the solstices. Whenever one happened it would feel like you were in the fire nation for a day. Katara smiled seeing the beach on the other side of the hill as an idea sparked in her head.

Zuko and the rest of the gang were downstairs having breakfast Katara's grandmother made. Zuko usually ate light but he couldn't help but have a feast with the food, her grandmother was amazing at cooking.

As Zuko took a bite of his pancakes he heard soft feet running down the stairs before seeing Katara run to the table with an excited expression on her face.

"Well someone just got out of bed, literally." Toph said laughing as the others joined in.

Zuko chuckled as well as she stood still in her pajamas with messy bed head, but he smiled because she still looked adorable.

"Guys today is a solstice which means it's warm outside! We should totally all go to the beach today!" Katara said smiling widely.

Aang and Sokka both grinned nodding there heads quickly.

"That's a good idea, might as well take advantage of the one day it's not freezing here." Sokka said laughing before they all stood up and went upstairs to their rooms to change.

Katara smiled as Zuko stood up and walked to her, she looked around to make sure nobody was around before wrapping her arms around his waist softly.

"Look at that, you're pretty and full of smart ideas." Zuko said to her softly in his husky morning voice.

Katara smiled pecking his lips quickly before running up the stairs and winking to Zuko before turning the corner.

Zuko laughed watching her quickly little legs hop up the stairs, his thoughts of her got interrupted by her grandmother who was behind him cleaning up the table.

"So you finally made your move on her huh fire boy?" Her grandmother said to him with a grin on her face.

"Oh.. I uh.. well." Zuko said blushing as he scratched his neck awkwardly.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. Now you best go change before they beat you out there." She said chuckling to him waving her hand for him to go.

Zuko smiled and bowed to her quickly before running up the stairs himself.

Katara looked through the closet searching for a bathing suit, it wasn't her closet it was the old princess' so she wasn't sure where everything was. Her eyes finally widened as she found a bathing suit in there.

As Katara laid it on the bed she heard everyone ready outside her door.

"Are you ready to go yet Katara? We're all out here." Aang asked knocking on her door.

"Not quite! I'll meet you guys at the beach you go on!" Katara yelled looking in the mirror.

"Alright meet ya out there!" Aang replied before she heard the footsteps go down the stairs.

Katara slipped the nightdress she had on over her head and looked in the mirror seeing the scar on her stomach. Her smile dropped as she looked at it, it definitely wasn't as big anymore and it looked more faded.

No Katara. You aren't going to let one incident ruin you're life, you are stronger than this.

She thought to herself as she nodded her head and looked away from the mirror. She slipped on the top part of the bikini, it was a light blue/white color and it criss crossed around her front in back. She then slipped on the bottom part of the bikini.

She looked in the mirror and frowned as she turned around to look at her butt, it didn't cover as much as she wanted but it was better than her other options at least.

She ran the brush through her long brown hair leaving it down and natural since it was just going to get wet anyway. Once she was ready she ran out her door and down the stairs.

"Good bye Gran Gran I'm going out to the beach with my friends, I'll see you after!" Katara yelled, her grandmother nodded and smiled as Katara walked out the back doors to the beach.

Zuko sat down on one of the towels next to Sokka as Suki and Toph kept splashing each other with water. Zuko looked over to Aang who was building a sand castle the size of an actual castle.

Sokka sighed yawning a bit before looking to Zuko.

"Katara should be here by now I don't know what's taking her so long-" Sokka started before Katara came from above the hill as she started running down.

"Oh there she is... ohh my god." Zuko said with his mouth dropped as he lowered his sunglasses to see Katara running down to them in a 2 piece bikini.

It was a very light blue color, almost white, the top part wrapped around twice and showed a bit of her cleavage up top, but not top much to make it look trashy.

Zuko looked over to Aang as his mouth was dropped as well, as Aang looked to Zuko they both knew they were thinking the same thing.

Katara dropped her small bag and towel as she looked down to the two boys and Sokka.

"Hey Katara! Took ya long enough." Sokka said before standing up and stretching.

"Heh sorry, I had to try on different bathing suits to find the right size." Katara said running her hand through her hair as she looked to Zuko and Aang.

"It doesn't look weird right?" Katara asked concerned as she looked down.

"No it looks perfect!" Zuko and Aang both said in unison before they glared to each other.

Katara laughed as the both spoke at the same time before Toph blasted a gust of sand cover all over Katara.

As she started to spit some of it out she cracked her knuckles before running toward the water.

"Oh you're on earth bender!" Katara yelled to her laughing.

Zuko watched her, he bit his lip as he saw the bottom part of her bikini wasn't covering her entire butt but he didn't exactly mind. His thoughts were interrupted by Sokka punching his arm.

"Hey don't you be staring at my little sis like that unless you wanna get knocked out." Sokka joked holding Zuko in a headlock.

Zuko laughed yanking himself out of his grasp as they both ran into the water wrestling.

::::::::::::::::::::

Hey guys, I finally updated this story! It's gotten a lot of views and votes so thank you for that, if you have any ideas make sure to comment them to me, I'll be updating my other story as well so make sure to check! Thanks for the love guys.