Chapter 12

The four teens flew quickly to the Fire Nation on Appa, as the neared the palace they started to make a plan.

"I'm sure the watch tower soldiers have already spotted Appa, but my uncle said he will take care of the guards, all we need to worry about are the few guards guarding the main room and my sister." Zuko said as everyone nodded with him.

"I say Aang, Toph, and Suki stay on the glass case above the main room where Azuela is most likely going to be so when Sokka and I break into it by foot, you guys can be our backup." Zuko explained, everyone seemed on bored except Aang.

"Wait what? How come I have to go with the girls? How do we know this isn't just a trick you're playing on us Zuko!" Aang spat folding his arms.

"No offense Aang but Zuko knows this place better than any of us, and he kinda sacrificed his life for Katara, I'm pretty sure he's on board." Suki explained, which made Aang make a pout face.

"Fine but I'm not going on the glass top with the girls, I'm going with you and Sokka." Aang said narrowing his eyes which caused Zuko to grow furious with the young avatar.

"You have to Aang! How else are they going to break through the glass? Quit acting like a child!" Zuko hissed narrowing his golden eyes back.

"I'm not acting like a child!" Aang yelled back.

"Guys stop! I can always bend the metal poles and break the glass, that way Aang can go with you guys." Toph explained getting annoyed with all the yelling.

"Fine." Both the boys said with an annoyed tone.

"Guys don't forget this isn't about you, this is about saving my sister." Sokka said with a concerned look on his face which made Zuko's anger fade away, for once Sokka was right.

"Uh guys, we're definitely here." Suki said with a hint of worry in her voice as the tall palace came into view.

Usually the Fire Nation was beautiful, it reminded Zuko of royalty and power but now it just looked dark and evil. It seemed like darkness just seemed to follow Azuela.

As they flew over the small town they saw Azuela's troops fighting the villagers and White Lotus army, but once they got to the palace it was empty which seemed odd.

They landed Appa to the side and tied him to a tree before they split up.

"Good luck guys, be careful." Suki said kissing Sokka's cheek before her and Toph ran to the side of the palace to climb to the top.

"You guys remember the plan right?" Zuko asked the two boys as they nodded they all ran inside the gates of the palace.

Zuko kicked open the door to the main hallway with both his hands filled with flames, Sokka had his boomerang out and Aang was ready to bend as they walked in but it was empty, not a sound to be heard.

"What the heck? There should be guards everywhere." Sokka said as he raised an eyebrow.

"Something isn't right.." Zuko whispered as he looked around. The three boys walked down the long hallway until the reached the large doors to the main room.

"Get ready to fight." Zuko whispered before he threw large flames at the doors causing them to slam open as the three boys ran inside screaming but it was silent.

They all stopped and looked around the room, none of the torches were lit up and no lights were on, the only light came from the glass windows above which shinned on a silver cage with a figure in it.

Zuko narrowed his eyes to see who it was before he recognized the wavy brown hair that laid on the ground.

"KATARA!" He screamed as he ran as fast as he could to the cage, as he got close he noticed Katara was unconscious.