Chapter 10

There she was, on the edge of the cliff staring off into the large blue sea. Her long brown hair flowed in the wind as graceful as she was.

He could just imagine her ocean blue eyes gazing at the vast ocean mimicking her eyes, he could stare into them forever they were so.. beautiful and radiant.

As Zuko came up to her quietly not to disturb her he put his hand on her shoulder and smiled kissing her cheek softly.

"It's just me Katara-" he spoke softly but his words were interrupted by her spinning around with no face, it was just an empty void.

"K-Katara? Is that you? What.. where-" he stuttered backing up from her empty face before her body disappeared with the wind.

"KATARA NO!" He screamed as he ran after the dust before he started to hear her cries.

"Zuko help! Please Zuko I'm dying." Her fragile voice spoke, he spun around in circles trying to find where it was coming from.

"Katara I'm here!" He screamed with tears filling his eyes before everything went black for a few seconds. Then the sky came to view as he shot up and screamed Katara's name once more.

Zuko looked around to see the rest of the gang sitting on Appa sleeping, the sun was just barely peaking the horizon as the morning awakened.

He frowned not seeing Katara on the air bison, she really was gone, his sister has her and they couldn't do anything about it, he couldn't do anything about it.

Zuko sat back up and took the reigns of Appa as he flew towards the direction of the Fire Nation. The morning sun did blind him but he didn't mind, he loved the mornings. The more the sun came up the stronger he felt.

As he looked below him he saw the ocean, Katara loved the ocean, everything about her represented water, she was powerful yet calming, dangerous yet.. beautiful.

Tears started to run down Zuko's face slowly as he closed his eyes biting at his lip. She can't be gone..

Just as Zuko started to sob a voice came from behind him interrupting his thoughts.

"You okay Sparky? I could hear your heartbeat pounding from my sleep." Toph said crawling up to where Zuko was.

He quickly wiped his face, he wasn't going to cry in front of Toph he was stronger than that.

"Yea I'm fine Toph, just a little stressed." Zuko answered quietly not looking back to face her.

"You're lying, I can sense it." Toph said putting her hand on his shoulder.

Zuko turned around to face her as she had concern flood into her eyes. He pushed his lips together as he felt the warm, tears reach his eyes again, he couldn't push them back any longer.

"I'm afraid.. we lost Katara, that I lost Katara." Zuko said looking down to her with his voice cracking at each word he spoke.

"Zuko we haven't, and we will find your sister in time I know it, we've saved the world from global domination, I think we can stop a 17 year old girl." Toph said smiling trying to perk him up a bit.

Zuko just sat their trying to blink back his tears, he knew Toph was trying but he couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Why don't you take a break from steering Appa and take a quick nap, I got it from here tough guy." Toph said to him, not really giving Zuko a choice as she shoved by him and grabbed the reigns.

He had to admit he was tired from waking up from constant nightmares so he might as well try.

"Thank you Toph." Zuko managed to mumble out as he laid down staring up at the sky.

"No problem sparky." Toph said to him lastly before he dozed off back to sleep.

-•-

Katara sat in the corner on the cold metal floor of the airship all night. She couldn't sleep and she wouldn't dare sleep not knowing what would be happening with her soon enough.

Occasionally a guard would come down to check on her and tell her she's as good as dead but that was about it.

As she looked out the small bared window to the sun rising she smiled, the sun always reminded her of Zuko. He was so strong and brave, yet he had a soft spot that she was able to bring out of him.

Thinking of Zuko then caused her to frown as she looked down to her torn up dress. The last second she had seeing him was when he was about to catch her from the airship, she remembered his worried golden eyes staring into hers before things went black.

She missed him so much, she would do anything just to see him again. As she felt tears coming down her face she heard footsteps stomp down the stairs.

"How did you sleep water peasant?" Azuela asked spitting out the last part.

"Never better, the best sleep I've had in years." Katara said dully glaring at the teen come to her cell.

"Oh yes sass the person who could fry you in seconds." Azuela said folding her arms and gritting her teeth.

"Why do you even want me? I've never done anything to you it doesn't even make sense!" Katara yelled standing up and walking to the bars of her cell.

"You don't remember? You were supposed to die years ago from my lighting, I was supposed to capture Zuko and I would've been the ruler of the Fire Nation! But noooooo Zuko had to capture me and you had to live." Azuela spat narrowing her eyes.

"So if I'm not going to be Fire Lord, I'm going to at least make sure that you're life is a living hell." Azuela said smirking down to Katara.

Katara felt anger broiling through her body as she met her face get close to hers

"Zuko and the gang will follow us and they will take you down." Katara said narrowing her eyes.

"Ohh sweetie you don't think I don't know that? I'll be prepared when your little friends come, and you and I both can watch them all burn and die." Azuela hissed narrowing her eyes.

Katara couldn't help her self anymore, she spit in Azuela's face which caused her to scream loudly.

"Oh you disgusting brat!" Azuela screamed as she shot blue flames from her hands causing Katara to fall back against the wall of the cell as she whimpered holding her burned hands.

"Turn the heat up in here as high is it can go without killing the brat, if she can spit then she is capable of creating water." Azuela screamed to the guard who ran to her with a towel.

"You'll regret doing that girl." Azuela hissed before slamming the door behind her and locking it, causing Katara to sob in the corner as she curled herself up in a ball.

::::::::::::::::::::::
Finally updated this story now! I know this is getting pretty dark but I have a reallyyyyy good idea for this story so I'm excited. Thank you guys again for all the love I am so amazed at how popular my stories are getting you guys are amazing. Love ya'll and hope you had a good first day of 2016! :)