On the Eighth Day of Christmas...

A/N: Thank you for the WONDERFUL year, everyone! Thanks for your support of both SoS and Twelve Days! Another note, I will NEVER put in anything overly inappropriate! There will be no descriptions of... adult matters, and though I will point to them every so often, I am not going to actually put those real situations into my books. These events are assumptions by Anodien's father and others, but never truly occurred. No descriptions of anything beyond, well, anything!

Woo!

And, by the way, though things are (unfortunately) not like this now, honor was held in the highest respect. That included... um, no intimacy before marriage. Yeah, okay. So, both of the fathers' anger towards Anodien is well understood. Rumors are taken seriously, and I guess Rhyson and Hattie have been spreading the (false) word to discredit Anodien! ...I'm probably boring you now.

Without further ado...

------------

LEGOLASPOV

"I love her. And I will protect her beyond death." I stated bravely, shielding Anodien behind my back. As soon as I said it, those words, Atar stopped in his tracks.

"You..." He sputtered, trying to regain his position.

"I refuse to let you to hurt her any longer, Atar." My anger was growing, as was the she-Elf's fear. The one thing Anodien was scared of... The thing she'd avoided for so long... was her own father.

"Your feelings matter none, Legolas, as they are not truly your own." He rebounded, reaching for Anodien behind me.

"And what makes you think I do not truly love her?" I challenged, drawing the beautiful green-eyed she-Elf into my arms.

"She's enchanting you, boy! Anodien is not as pure as you'd like to believe!" Atar jabbed a finger at his daughter, which I slapped aside.

"And, please, tell me what do you think you're doing?" I snarled at the foolish Fae king. "What right have you to deny us?"

"She's used her magic against you, Legolas! With as many Men to confirm that they saw her bewitch you, there is much evidence for my claims! Can you say the same?" Atar barked, his black hair shaking with rage. "They say-"

"Why do you speak like this? I will not tolerate any more attacks on Anodien! She has done nothing of which you speak! Tread carefully, Atar." I had lost my patience. He wouldn't dare go further if he wanted to preserve peace.

"Even your father has seen the proof he needs. Last night, near the gazebo, did you think no one would see? Did you believe nobody was watching? A few Men revealed that they had followed her to the bed! That is plenty enough to base this on!" The Fae king hissed, hand slightly raised.

"Nothing happened, you fool! It's sad how little trust exists between Anodien and yourself. The fact that your daughter was being taken physical advantage of right under your nose by the very Men you claim to trust shows how far the authenticity of your 'claim' goes!" I spat, shocking Atar.

"Legolas!" All three of us whipped around to see my father appear from the line of snowy trees.

"Father." I said lowly, bowing slightly. Anodien and Atar did the same, though Atar a bit more reluctant to show respect to another.

"What's this?" He questioned, looking at Anodien's father and me. "And why are you standing near a woman, past acceptable boundaries?"

"Atar acc-" I began to reply, but Anodien's father broke in.

"Your son refuses to-"

"Enough!" My father roared, rushing at Atar. "There is no doubt that I am also upset by this, Atar, now that I have seen it for myself. Now that I am certain of the trickery contained within her hands..."

"I haven't done anything to Legolas!" Anodien cried, tears streaming down her swollen cheeks.

"Remember your place, Anodien!" Atar aimed another punch at her, which I intercepted quickly.

"Stop doing this, Atar! As I said before, I will not leave her. I will defend her. I do love her- by my own choice." I flung my hands, throwing off the irate Fae king.

"Were you attempting to beat your daughter?" My father said, astonished.

"That may not be what you are used to, Thranduil, but you cannot not interfere with the punishment of my daughter." Atar growled, shooting sharp glares at Anodien. "And I think it is well-deserved."

"What is this nonsense?" My father queried, looking at me protecting Anodien.

"You once said a father can see no clearer than into his own sons' heart. Can you see it now?" I asked, staring into the enraged king's eyes.

"Your love is false, Legolas! A trick, a lie, nothing more! There is no love in her, she's enchanted you! Using magic against you several times last night alone, in clear view of every single one of us!"

"A childish game! She tapped my nose and it glowed red, pretending I was Rudolph! A game inspired by your ridiculous costume! My mind is not as easily swayed and addled as yours!"

"Then why were you two... alone, with her magic raging wild?"

"A Fae's magic field grows with strong emotion. You must have felt it quite clearly yesternight to be insulting us like this." Anodien spoke, cutting into the conversation. She removed herself from my cloak, and I held her hand tight, not letting go. Our fingers intwined, staying together.

"Then what 'emotion' alerted us all to your presence, witch?" My father sneered, advancing on the young she-Elf.

"I am no witch, Thranduil. And I was happy, if you must know. For the first time in a long time, I was happy." She slapped the back of her hand across her forehead dramatically. "Oh, Eru, what a crime! Happiness must be forbidden!" I snickered while she managed to keep a straight face.

"I will not tolerate you mocking my position and throne! You'll never shame me again!" Anodien's father lunged at her, crackling flame in his palms.

I did the only thing I could think of.

"I love you." I whispered to Anodien, kissing her forehead.

I stepped out in front of her and cried as my body wracked with pain until everything went black.

---------

A/N: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Yes, 'yesternight' is a word... I had a beautiful dream last night... It was me with Urvelniel and my friend Skye, all in Middle-Earth. I was so excited when we saw the Fellowship, and then Skye jumped on Aragorn's back. Then Legolas started to fly. Seems legit... and then he just called out, "Anodien!" And I'm just like, OH MY GOOOOOOOODDDD! I sprouted wings and we flew through the clouds... *U* Then Urvelniel saw Boromir and threw some bananas at his chest, yelling, "For Aslan!" It was weird... but I had fun! Wouldn't it be creepy if we all had the same dream? O.o Haha, if only... Then my stepdad woke me up to ask me what my password for my computer was... ''-.- This chapter focused on Legolas because I felt we needed to know how things worked! I really love all of you guys, and to Urvelniel- here's your heart! <3

Happy New Years!

2014!!!

-AGL