Chapter 13

"I'm not sure I want to eat at a police chiefs house."

She rolls her eyes, "Cullen stop being difficult and goofy, I need you to be serious."

He smiles and kisses her forehead, "Okay I will try to be serious," He voices in an English accent.

"Cullen! For real, grow up and answer my question," She declares throwing her good arm in the air and rapidly walking down the hall shutting her bedroom door behind her.

He sighs and picks Ashley up, "I think someone kept Canley up last night."

He makes a pot of her favorite coffee and places it on a try along with her favorite mug. Then he tapes a white square of paper to a stick and places it on the tray as well. Grinning he places an apple on it before carrying it down the hall knocking on her door before gradually pushing it open with his foot. "I'm surrendering," He states holding up the white flag.

She laughs, "You are such a goof! Really a white flag?"

He shrugs, "But you love this goof."

"Yes I do, and the little worm the goof is holding."

He sits down beside her and places Ashley in her arms before pouring a cup of tea then taking the little girl back and handing her the cup. She smiles, "Thank you."

"Your welcome. Now, to answer your serious question, yes I will go with you and miss Ashley."

She nods, "Thank you."

He kisses her forehead and smiles, "Now you get some rest."

She smiles and kisses Ashley's forehead, "You are spoiling me."

"That's my job." He laughs placing Ashley in his arms and exiting with a smile.

She smiles and grabs her bible flipping to Psalms. She reads through her favorite verses before slipping under the covers and slowly drifting off to sleep.
***

Cullen ramages through the diaper bag until he finds the cozy little jacket he had seen Canley put on Ashley. He pulls it over her little arms before tying tennis shoes on her socked feet. Deciding that she is wrapped up enough he unfolds the stroller spending ten minutes figuring out how to get it to stay standing.

"Okay, Ashley, let's go see the pups," He whispers picking her up from her crib and placing her in the stroller seat. She coos and reaches out to touch the stubble that has formed over the weekend. He smiles and buckles her in before placing her stuffed pony in the seat beside her.

Nodding in approval he opens the door and guides the stroller through backwards. He places his hat on his head and closes the door before walking out to the dog pens. His eyes land on the cream colored lab laying inside the dog house located at the edge of the barn. He smiles remembering when her dad had given it to her on her 16th birthday.

"What you thinkin', Jade." He calls, the dog lifts her head and rises from the dog house her thick tail wagging happily. He scratches behind the cream ears before moving to the pens that hold the mama dogs along with their puppies. He gets one of the Border Collie puppies out and holds it in Ashley's reach. The little girl sticks her hand out pulling it back when the soft fur tickles the palm of her hand, a giggle escapes her smile as she sticks her hand back out.

After letting Ashley pet the puppies he turns the stroller back to the house.

***

Canley finishes braiding her hair before stepping out into the living room. She finds a bottle of water from the pantry and chugs half of it before grabbing a snack. Just as she sits down on the couch Cullen strolls form Ashley's room. He smiles and sits down beside her.

"I have a question," He says wrapping his arm around her.

She turns to gaze at him, "Shoot."

He rubs the back of his neck with his free hand and takes a deep breath, "I, uh, know that, um, we just, um, met again so to speak, but, uh, um, I was just thinking that I can totally see my life like this, you, me and Ashley."

She smiles and kisses his cheek, "You are pretty good at reading minds. I was just thinking that same thing a little while ago, we make a pretty cute family."

"You know we would make a cuter family when your shoulder is better and a ring is on the left hand," He whispers.

She smiles, "Are you saying something?"

He blushes and laughs nervously, "Should I plan a surprise for you sometime?"

The entire reality of what he is saying sets in and she can't help the mile long smile that spreads across her lips, "Should we tell Chief Mitchel that we need to post pone the official adoption papers?"

A/N
This chapter is dedicated to BEAUT1FULdreamer for being such an awesome support! You should go check out her books as I am falling in love with them myself. :)

Thank you so much for reading! What do you think?

If you are enjoying be sure to share it with your friends. :) Thanks again for reading! :)