Chapter 14

Canley wakes up the smile still gracing her lips as she enjoys the peace that meets her ears. She pulls out her bible and turns to Psalms chapter 1. She reads through it going back to reread verses 2-3. But whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither- whatever they do prospers.

After praying she tiptoes out of bed and into the kitchen only to find the coffee had already been started. She smiles knowing Cullen is the one that started it. A note on the top of the pot catches her eye, out of curiosity she picks it up recognizing the writing immediately.

Can, I will be back in a little bit. I started the coffee for you. (As you found out.) I'm grabbing some stuff from the store and I am going to call our parents and talk to them about what we talked about last night. Wow, I think I just insulted my grammar teacher with that sentence, but anyway I will see you in a little bit. ~Cullen

She smiles and places the note on the counter as Ashley whines from her crib. She picks the child out of her bed with and places a kiss on her cheek, "Da- Cullen went into town." She takes a deep breath and blows it out trying to wash away the butterfly concert going on in her stomach at how close she came to calling Cullen Ashley's dad.

Canley fixes a bottle before settling into the rocking chair holding Ashley with her good arm. She smiles as the little girl slurps at the milk. Just then the front door creaks open and Cullen enters. "Hey, how did the calls go?"

He smiles with a sigh, "Better than expected, although not as good as I had hoped."

"Uh oh."

"It's okay, Can, it isn't that bad. Nothing life or death anyway," He tells her with a light chuckle.

She scoffs, "Well that is really reassuring."

"Come on, have a little positivity! They didn't say that we couldn't, but then they didn't exactly say that they wanted us to either," He says sitting down in the chair across from her.

She sighs, "Let me guess, my parents said that they didn't get how this came out of us not speaking pretty much the whole weekend?"

He laughs and nods, "Yep, and my mom was practically jumping for joy at the thought. Then my dad had to give me the whole father son speech and freak me out and then finally he told me that he is looking forward to it."

As he speaks her peels of laughter fill the room, "That would have been hilarious to watch your face!"

He shakes his head, smiles and kisses her forehead, "It wasn't funny," He mutters before grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge and guzzling it down in one drink. "You want to go out tonight?"

"Chief Mitchel's?"

He sighs, "Right the law ordered me not to go out with my girlfriend tonight."

She rolls her eyes as she lifts Ashley to her shoulder, "Hardly."

"Then how about tomorrow and maybe you could get someone to watch Ashley?" He offers.

She smiles, "Deal, but nothing fancy."

He nods, "Sealed, signed and delivered!"

"Okay well would you watch her a minute while I get me a cup of coffee and maybe a shower?"

He lifts Ashley from her shoulders, "At your service my lady!"

She smiles and places a kiss on his cheek. Then moving to the coffee pot she fills her cream colored mug to the coffee stain that circles the inside. Sweet sweet coffee! Mornings just wouldn't be the same without it.

With her mug in hand she grabs some clothes from her room and heads to the bathroom for a relaxing shower.
***
Cullen smiles as he places Ashley in her crib and glances at the small box in his pocket. I have always dreamed of calling her mine, so if this is a dream wake me up before it happens and then I have to wake up to reality.

He smiles and his mind flashes back to when they were teenagers.

"Cullen! Stop splashing me," Canley yelled before going underwater.

He laughs and watches her every move, "How much prettier do they come?" He mutters under his breath.

The thought comes to him that the idea has always been in the back of his mind, but he had never allowed it to show its face, in any sort of way, for fear it would terrify her. Why didn't I just ask her?

A snap in front of his face causes him to jump. Fits of girlish laughter sound through the room as he turns around to stare at a doubled over Canley. He too begins to laugh at the sound of her laugh. He wraps his arms around her and lifts her off the floor. He spins her around until they are both so dizzy that the chairs begin to dance around them.

He clumsily flops into the nearest chair taking her with him. The giggles that float from her lips are like music to his ears as they cuddle together. She shifts around to become more comfortable before nestling into the crook of his neck. He smiles and kisses her cheek lingering on her soft skin.

A/N
I know it is a it short, but I wasn't quite sure what to happen next. :) I promise the next chapter will be up soon and give you a thrill. I know a lot if you were excited to see why happen so I couldn't resist posting this any longer. :)