Bookworms

au he works at a library and she starts to go there

OK PERSONALLY I LOVE THIS OK BYE

not edited , sorry if there are any mistakes :/

______

He trotted into the world of imagination, inhaling the aura of the old and new paperback glories that breezed against his pale skin when he walked in first that morning. Per usual, the library was empty on Sunday mornings due to the amount of elderly people that went to church. They would usually be his normal, regular customers that would chat and interact over a new book or a cup of coffee that was purchased at the cafe down the street.

He sat down at the front desk, setting his black bag down with a huff and rubbing his eyes underneath his framed glasses, exhausted and slightly frustrated that his roommates kept him up despite the protests of being into work at seven in the morning. Although the Saturday night was full of fun, he was still annoyed. Well, if you could fun as three twenty one year olds playing JustDance at one in the morning and drinking some Buds Light, then sure.

He pulled his newest borrowed book out of his bag, leaning back in the swirly chair and setting his feet up upon the wooden desk that circulated him. He sighed in comfort, opening The Casual Vacancy and continuing to read from where he left off just last night.

Despite the fact that he was up until one playing some dumb Wii game, he couldn't fall asleep unless he read. It was a stupid habit he developed as a kid, always reading day and night. And over recent individual studies, Stiles Stilinski realized that he needed a book in order to fall asleep. He was cursed.

For all he knew, he was unable to even sleep a wink without reading at least one chapter from a book he was reading. Sometimes, the only book handy would be a philosophy textbook that he would be doing homework with. Must've been the reason he was so smart as a senior in college.

During his years of high school, he'd sometimes fall asleep with a physics textbook lay across his lap, and wake up frustrated, knowing it was probably the lamest thing he could possibly do. But it did pay off, knowing he graduated high school with a 4.9 GPA. His dad would call him a whiz. He'd call himself delusional. His so-called friends would call him a loser, a nerd. They did envy his brain, though. He envied their ability to go out every Friday night and party, have fun, make memories while he would be in his room: reading, preferably.

His friends were actually the complete opposite of Stiles. It was unbearable to hang out with them for long occasions, knowing their one conclusion of hanging out was getting drunk and doing it with girls who would be willing enough. It wasn't really his cup of tea. But he did enjoy a cup of tea while reading a book. Not sexing girls. Being completely chaste like people their age should be. At least his parents were proud of him unlike others.

It wasn't oblivious to anyone who noticed, either. He was friends with everyone, and didn't really belong in a tight knit of friends. He had a few very close ones, but they were all from different groups of kids. It was confusing, but everyone liked him since he wasn't difficult nor annoying to anyone. He was smart, they'd say. Not just intellectually, but socially. He knew how to handle things and not be involved. For some reason, everyone loved him. They would say "Literally me" when he'd be sitting in the top corner bleachers reading a book during a pep rally, and he would jauntily shrug it off. He didn't mind the attention. Stiles was a little taken back (and had a terrible case of blushing) when girls would talk to him.

Despite people liking him in high school and college, he never had a girlfriend before. In high school, he was mainly focused on grades and books for college, knowing it was basically the most important years of his school life. In college, he went to a few parties, met a few girls, but never got farther than just talking. His chastity was apparently unattractive to girls, so they would either try to break him or they would just move on to someone who was willing enough. But he was a senior in college now- still shielding his virgin lips and placement as a boyfriend.