A New Mission

(Legolas' POV)

"DAMMIT!" As always, the Nazgul failed. Again. And who had to deal with Him? Oh right, me. I am so looking forward to this.

I began heading towards Barad-Dur. Facing Sauron was not something I enjoyed doing since I was the one who got in trouble - not the ones who actually did it. Sometimes I think that the Nazgul and orcs fail on purpose; but its just a feeling.

The doors opened and I walked in, paying no heed to the looks the guards gave me as I passed by. Can't please them all. Ever since I arrived no one has liked me being one of the main commanders, but life sucks, they need to learn to deal with it.

I began the dreadfully long walk up the stairs, pushing orcs out of my way.

"Watch it!" One of them said. I pushed him a little harder making him fall back down the stairs. Probably not my best idea. He started running up after me swearing in the black speech, but luckily I reached the door that led to where I had to meet Him. I quickly shut and locked the door, not wanting to have to deal with the orc.

I walked out onto the platform waiting for Him to come. It didn't take long. The air around me seemed as if it solidified, making it harder to breathe and very cold. Sauron was here, if you could call a giant black cloud of darkness Him, and had arrived.

"Can you explain to me why the Nazgul have failed me once again?" Sauron asked me. "I do not understand why it is such a hard task to complete." When I didn't reply right away he closed in around me, cutting off what little air I had.

"Answer me or I will kill you. Do not think I won't for you are merely a pawn of mine."

"T-they were..... defeated b-by..... the elves......" He let go off his hold on me and I dropped to the ground, gulping in air as if I would never have it again.

"The elves you say. They must now be in possession of my Ring. You have failed me once again and for that you will pay the price." In a matter of moments, my entire body felt as if it was burning. I tried to hold in my cry of pain, but it became to unbearable. I screamed out, falling to the ground, writhing in pain.

It felt like a hours had gone by though it was only a matter of seconds. When the fire finally left my body, I stayed on the ground, slowly working my way back to a standing position. When I had managed to stand my entire body was shaking and my head was very dizzy. But Sauron was not done yet with me.

"I will let you try and prove yourself to me again, Commander, but if you fail me I will kill you. Do not underestimate my powers boy." I nodded in agreement, only to happy to oblige. I'd rather try and take the Ring than die, though I wasn't really in the mood to die anytime soon.

"What task would you have me do, my Lord?" I responded.

"Elrond has held a Council and a Fellowship has been created to protect the Ring. From what we can expect is that they will try and destroy it. But for them to even come close to reaching Mordor, they will have to go past, on, or under Caradhras. Saruman will do whatever it takes to make them go through the Mines of Moria. That is where you come in." 

"What would you have me do to stop them, my Lord?"

"There are already orcs and goblins in Moria as we speak though, no one knows that except for us.  I want you to go in there and attack them. If it comes to it use the Balrog of Morgoth for there is one in the Fellowship who would be most surprised to see it. Do not come back to me unless you have done something right or I will kill you on the spot."

"Yes my Lord." And with that he vanished, leaving me alone on the platform.

I turned and headed back into Barad-Dur, going back down the stairs. The orc from earlier tried to attack me, but I quickly sliced of its head with my knife. I was in no mood to deal with them at the moment.

I reached the bottom and walked outside. There was a horse waiting for me when I exited. It was black as night with piercing red eyes. He was my trusty steed, Duvainor (Beautiful Darkness). I quickly mounted him and headed towards the Black Gate.

It would take the Fellowship days to reach where the Mines were, but I still had to make haste for everything needed to be ready for when they arrived. Once outside the Gates, we were off at a full gallop, not wasting time. I was looking forward to this.

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Little touchy between Legolas and Sauron I think. Next chapter will hopefully be out relatively soon (I hope). Thanks for reading!

~Zelinith