2.10

This is it. It’s now or never.

That’s what Hermione thought as she stands in front of room 18 in the Leaky Cauldron.

She took a deep breath and knocked on the door gently but it was loud enough for the person inside to hear it.

After her meeting with Ron, she immediately proceeded here to the Leaky Cauldron. She didn’t tell Ginny yet because she thought it would not be proper to add stress to her pregnant friend.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the door flew open and a man stood before him.

“Tell me why is the Gryffindor Princess, the brightest witch of my generation, the nerd, Hermione Weasley is in my door?”

“Oh.” She was caught off guard for it wasn’t the one she expected to see.

“Theodore Nott. Nice to see you. It’s Granger now by the way.” She said trying to hide her disappointment.

“Well, where are my manners? Do come in.” He said in a sarcastic tone.

He let her sit on one of the sofas and began to talk.

“So, why are you here?” the Slytherin boy asked.

“I was wondering. Maybe you could help me finding Draco?” She blurted out.

“Find him? Why the hell would you ask me? We haven’t been in contact for a year.” He exclaimed.

So it wasn’t just her but his slytherin friends also.

“He saw me once but he didn’t even acknowledge me. I think he didn’t forgive- oh he’s a very busy auror you know.” Hermione’s eyes widened at this.

He didn’t forgive her. Theodore had said enough to make her get that.

He asked his house elf to obliviate the memories of Hermione because he clearly hadn’t forgiven her.

“He didn’t forgive who?” Hermione asked to confirm her guess but Theodore was as sly as a fox.

“I’m sorry for cutting the sentence. You see, he didn’t forgive me because I interfered with something very important to him.” He replied smoothly.

“Really?” Hermione whispered to herself, not believing Theodore Nott.

“What else do you want Granger? You’re abusing my hospitality already.” He said after a long awkward silence.

“Look, Theodore. I really need your help. I made a mistake once and I want to fix it. I know this may be a burden to you but I know that your friends make you happy. You’re happy when you see Katherine and Blaise together, am I right?” She questioned and he nodded.

“Well, you’re Draco’s best mate and I know you know about the relationship I had with Draco. Please, help me. Help us. Do you want to make your mate live in regrets?” She finished.

“Granger. Remember that sometimes, we use lies to hide the painful truths.” He started and Hermione could really relate to this, remembering how Ron lied to her and left her so that he could be sure she was safe.

“And I’m not lying when I said that Draco hasn’t forgiven me for what I have done to him but I know that I’m not the only one he didn’t forgive. He hasn’t forgiven you Granger. I’ve seen him at his worst and I know you have hurt him a lot. Actually, you’re the first one who ever hurt him like that. So I know I’m going to help you earn his forgiveness, and then maybe I’ll deserve one too.” Theodore Nott confessed.

Is all of these things about forgiveness? Because clearly she said sorry to him. Did he not hear her? Or is it maybe because of all the things she's done, no words could stop the pain. She clearly doesn’t deserve his forgiveness. Not yet anyway.