Boomubbles Oneshot: Candy Sweet

"So how come you picked me instead of your brothers?" Bubbles asked while taking her seat. She breathed in the scent of the smoothie shop, smelling the delicious scents of strawberry, vanilla, and all the tasty flavors.

Boomer sighed. "Well, I just didn't think they'd be interested...and they're always busy...I mean, I don't want to waste two free smoothie coupons on someone who won't actually use them."

"Oh...I see."

"So, what do you want?"

"Hmm..." Bubbles gazed around the shop, looking at the delicious pictures of the smoothies. "I'll have...vanilla. I've been eating too much chocolate." She said, giving a little giggle at the end.

"Yeah, heh. I guess I'll have vanilla too..."

"Hello! I'm Blaire! Welcome to Shake'n Blend'n! What can I get cha?" A blonde asked.

"We'll just have some vanilla." Boomer answered, making a warm smile.

"Your drink will be here in a few minutes!" Blaire said, giving Boomer a little wink before she turned and left.

Bubble's POV

I sighed. It was hard having a crush on Boomer when every girl who set eyes on him flirted with him. It made me lose hope, but yet it just made me want him more.

But who am I kidding...? All these girls are prettier than me...and why would Boomer want to date his counterpart that tried to hurt him ever since he was little?

When I was younger, all I wanted was for him to go away and never come back. Now I want him under my skin. My feelings had started to develop when I was 10. It was a few weeks after the boys turned good. After I started to hang out with him, I guess I started to...love him. But I think I always have. Whenever I was about to fight him when I was 5, my heart would flutter like a butterfly. I just didn't know what the feeling was...

I began to wonder why Boomer had never attempted to have a girlfriend. It seemed like every girl wanted him. I sighed again, knowing I was just another fangirl... But...it couldn't hurt asking....

"Boomer...why haven't you got a girlfriend yet..?"

Boomers eyes lit up in surprise, looking up at me with his cute dumbfounded look on him. "That was sudden...what brought that up...?"

I shrugged a little, looking away. "Just curious...so many girls want you...can't keep then waiting, right?" I joked, hating what I had just said. Keep them waiting...please...it would hurt me so much to see you with someone else...

Boomer shifted around in his chair and played with the strings of his blue sweat jacket. "I have my eyes on someone...I'm just scared they won't like me back..."

His words were like ice to my heart. He already liked someone...

I sniffed a bit. Why...why did I have to fall for someone like him...? What was I expecting anyway...? For him to forgive me for causing all the pain in his life? WHY!? Was it because...he hated me...?

"Here ya go! Enjoy your date!" A familiar voice said. Blaire. She placed one vanilla drink down and placed two straws in them.

Date...?

"Umm...where's the second drink...?" Asked Boomer.

"Oh, I thought you were sharing. Since you were a couple and all..."

I could see Boomers cheeks turn bright red. Obviously from embarrassment. I know I shouldn't do this...but even playing it as a lie would make me feel better.

"Uh...n-no...we're not-"

"Oh yes, thank you!" I said with a smile.

Blaire nodded and walked away, this time leaving Boomer alone.

"Bubbles..." Boomer asked, hanging his head down. I could just barely see his face, it was completely red. "Wh-why did you...say that..."

"I...just didn't want any trouble...she's busy enough...heh..." Worst. Excuse. Ever.

"Oh..."

"Besides...it's not a bad thing...friends share stuff..." Including drinks? Great job Bubbles...

I took a sip of the drink, letting its delicious flavor flow into my mouth.

Boomer stares at me, as if deciding weather or not to do it. His gaze softened, finally making a decision and took a sip of the drink.

I could feel a smile crawl on my lips. It was like an actual date...even though it's fake...it feels real...

I lifted my head, away from the drink, and so did Boomer.

"Kind of funny, a small place like this with fancy stuff like waiters and menus right?" Boomer commented, laughing shortly after. After he realized I wasn't laughing, he made a concerned look.

"Boomer..." I whimpered.

"Yeah...?"

"Do you hate me...?" I held back some tears. Something I've always done since I was little. Everyone knew me for being a crybaby...

"What!? No, of course not! Why would you think that!?"

"Why would I not think that?! After all those times when we were younger...why wouldn't you...?"

"We were just kids! It's in the past now!"

"If you didn't hate me then how come you've never acknowledged my love for you!?"

The last words I said were never meant to come out. My cheeks flare furiously. I wish I never said that...I'm sorry heart, but damn you.

There was a long awkward silence between us. The whole shop seemed quiet, all the attention on us. So quiet that you could hear everyone's breathing.

"I thought you didn't like me..." Boomer finally said.

I looked up at him, my eyes welled up. "Never. I've always liked you...since we were 5..."

"But...boys are always with you and you just...smile and laugh...!"

"Because girls are always all over you! It always breaks my heart!"

"I thought you liked them! I was always so jealous...then girls started to talk to me and I thought I could make you jealous and like me!" He looked down, his eyes beginning to water up as well. "But you did nothing..."

I couldn't believe it. After all these years. Wondering and hoping, crying and weeping. Neither of us confessing because we were both scared of being rejected...

"It was you...you was the one I had my eyes on..." He whispered, his words making me feel warm and tingly.

"I'm so sorry..."

"You have nothing to apologize for...I should have just asked instead of waiting for you...I wasn't even thinking of how it could hurt you..."

I didn't realize it, but we were getting closer and closer by the second. Staring into each other's eyes the whole time. I could do that forever.

"I love you..." He whispered into my ear.

"I love you too..."

He ended my sentence with a soft, gentle, passionate kiss. His lips fit mine perfectly, just making the moment even better.

Sadly, we had to breath again so we broke the kiss.

"I was...saving my first kiss just for you..." Boomer said, looking me in the eye, his cheeks dark red. Mine were probably worse.

I giggled. "So was I...and it was perfect."