Butchercup (Inner Insecurities)

What a stupid idea, coming to her like this. 

That was the first thing that came to his head, multiple more shouting out at him, drowning his pride as it tried to breathe through the suit he wore. Maybe he could have breathed if his brother hadn't made his tie so tight it could choke him. Presentable was his word, but he wasn't sure his own date was presentable. At least to others, certainly not Brick. He couldn't even believe he let him talk him into wearing this outfit. 

Your like a dork, she doesn't like dorks. Actually no,well, not the dork part. You look more like your going on your first most awkward first date.

Shut up! What do you know!?

Everything you don't.

Who are you?! Brick?!

Your inner concious, just the better smarter version of you.

He jumped at the vibration of his phone, taking it out in a hurry having a tight grip, hence his sweaty palms. Her name flashed on the screen, his heart pounding now as he realized he was getting closer to her house. 

Should I answer the phone now and say I'm here? Or maybe I could tell her to open the door and give her a sexy smile...

Your outfit would ruin it.

He swiped his thumb on the screen and answered it, running to her doorstep and preparing for his answer.

"Ding dong, prince charming is here." 

SLAP.

"YOU TARDY BASTARD YOU'RE AN HOUR LATE!"

Yeah, that's probably how it would end up.

So you're gonna let that happen?

She's gonna slap me a thousand times more probably in the future anyway, what's one more?

It's your prom idiot! You might not have a future with her by the time its over! You can't even give her a good excuse for why you're an hour late!

I forgot it was today okay! I thought we had another week or something!

Maybe if you hadn't been skipping classes or school days you could keep up with the dates!

...

Butch the bad boy, never learns and never will! He takes everything for granted, pushes away all the help he screams for, embarrasses him and his family constantly, loses everything he's given, and is about to lose what he's taken. His beloved Buttercup, who didn't even date him by choice, it was just a dare she lost.

That was it, his story. Written permanently. She hadn't chosen to date him, maybe she didn't even love him.  She still saw him as the giant goofball mess up he was, only laughing and joking with him because she still saw him as a friend. It was only a week, she could tolerate for only so long. Maybe this was it, where her punishment could end. 

He shakily rose his hand, knocking on the door slowly, his head hanging, staring down at the dead rose on his shirt. 

The door opened, revealing her in her most famous glare, staring at him with her arms folded. She looked him up and down, her brow raising in displeasure and scoffed. 

"There's not even a scratch on that. Did you borrow it from Brick? Or steal it?" 

He chuckled, soon fading as he remembered what he had to do. "Even worse. I just brought it."

"Is that the only reason why you're an hour late?"

"No. But I don't have any better excuse."

There was a short silence, and he spoke. 

"Look, I'm ready to end it. I won't force you into this anymore. You don't have to pretend to love me, the punishment is over. You're free...I...I could drop you off still if you want to go anyway, and-"

The pain flashed through him, his face frozen to the side as he took a moment to process what just happened. 

"Are you seriously dumping me because you think I hate you?! You fucking idiot! I swear, you're dumber than Boomer!"

His face lit up, a big, wide smile taking over his once sulking face. 

He grabbed her waist, slamming his lips into hers as hard as he could, scared it was a dream and she would fade away to nothing. 

She tried pushing him at first, but she eventually kissed back, allowing him to deepen the kiss even further.

She tapped his shoulder, but he ignored her, continuing to kiss her. She started to mumble, pulling away as she slapped him again.

"You dumb ass, were you trying to suffocate me? I couldn't hold my breath any longer."

"I knew you loved me. Who could resist this sexy body? You did flips when I won that bet. I think you made yourself lose purposely to be with me."

She smirked, ruffling his hair. "I'll admit, I didn't try as hard as I could have, but its more like you couldn't resist my sexy body."

It was his turn to smirk, as he looked her up and down slowly, taking in every detail.

"You could admire me even more if you took me to the prom already, and watch me dance."

He laughed, putting his arm around her waist and led her to his motorcycle. 

"Brick and Boomer took the limo, sorry about that."

"You kidding? This is way cooler than some fancy smansy limo."