Damsel in the District (Butchercup)

For Spicelover2003

In this AU, we're taken back to the times where were kingdoms and knights and stuff. There are lucky people out there, gifted with powers which they use to protect their kingdoms people. They are usually made knights, and are paid greatly for their good work. Most are in it for the fame and riches though.

This probably wasn't what u was going for, but I thought this was rlly cute too, and it fit their characters more :)
Enjoy 💚 ! ! ! !
_______

He had been told about his arrogance before, but he found it quite pointless to listen to, what he called, jealous peasants. His view of it was that they were intimidated by how great he was, that they wanted him to degrade himself down to their standards, and he definitely didn't want to do that.

If he ever did listen to someone, it was his older triplet brother, who had become one of the strongest and most famous knights throughout all the kingdoms, loyal to King Mojo, and because of that fact, he no longer listened to him.

He had always hated how Kings and Queens made the sick rules of how people who possessed magical powers were to do only good with them. And of course, that was a seemingly nice law, but they forgot to add the following attachments;

Unless the standing King or Queen declares a beheading, death penalty for no reason, to be their puppet and do as they say or severe punishment will be the result. If you don't care about doing good deeds for your King and Queen, we will bait you with riches, luxury, and anything you wish because we are secretly terrified of you.

And both of his brothers had went under the Kingdoms control, willingly.

He remembered their words of betrayal, trying to sway him to their side, he figured they had gotten brainwashed somehow.

"We're being offered hundreds of thousands of gold for this! You want to decline it? This is what we need! We're can't be scoundrels on the street anymore! We're better than this, and we're going to be, and this is our chance!"

"We'd be doing good for the world too!"

"You've gotten into Boomer's head too?! You fucking traitors! You know how corrupt their system is!"

"I made this decision on my own! And that's not all Kings and Queens! King Mojo wants good, and he's recruiting people like us because he thinks we have potential and wants to protect his people!"

"HE WANTS TO PROTECT HIMSELF! He has no power! He's scared to hell he's gonna get killed in the war he put himself in! THAT HE PUT US IN! Brick, I thought you was the smart one!"

"I am being smart, you're being stubborn. Even if he is using us, we still need the money, and he won't have any real control over us. He can send assassinators and other people with powers after us, but we know we're stronger than all of them. Just come with us."

"No."

Yes, he was certain they were brainwashed, and he wasn't going to get brainwashed himself trying to help them.

No, he wasn't a bad guy, but he wasn't a good guy either. He took on jobs that he saw on the street, purely in it for the money and fame, making his brothers look down on him, and putting it on the most wanted list. Confusing of course, making no one feel safe within his presence. He was what they called a rogue, uncontrollable, viscious, and dangerous, and his brothers were supposed to stop him, the only ones that could besides a few other heroes from some other Kingdoms. That was another reason why his brothers were angry with him, because of their shared blood, there was a distrust for them, worried they would turn on their king for him, or that they weren't even royal at all. That made the Royal Figures even more strict with them.