2

Jordan's P.O.V.

Have you ever been so crazy about someone that even the idea of something happening to them kills you? I have. I've been head over heels in love with Oli for years now. I've never told him how I feel though. Even though being with him would make me the happiest man in the world, I always had the thought 'What if he doesn't feel the same way' in the back of my head. What if I told him and he didn't feel that way? Would it ruin our friendship? I couldn't take that chance. 

When I saw him fall to the ground, my heart stopped. I didn't know what was wrong, didn't know how badly he was hurt. We still don't know anything. I was pacing the floor of the waiting room, keeping my eyes on the double doors. Why hadn't anyone come out to talk to us yet? What was going on?

I sighed and headed to the nurses desk, "Excuse me, has there been any news on Oli Sykes?" 

One of the nurses looked up at me, "Give me a second" She said as she typed something into her computer. "Okay, it looks like they just took him down for a CT scan of his head. It looks like they're taking him back to a room now. Someone should be out here soon to get you." She said. 

I offered her a smile and thanked her before joining the rest of the guys. Just as I'd sat down, the doors opened and a doctor stepped out, coming up to us. "Are you here for Mr. Sykes?" He asked. 

We nodded. "Yes, is he okay?" I asked, jumping up from my seat. 

"He's awake now. He's still a bit confused as to what happened. We took him for a CT scan and we should have those results soon. You are welcome to go in and see him if you'd like." He said.

"Thank you, doctor." We said as we wasted no time following behind him to Oli's room. 

I couldn't help but smile when we walked in, seeing Oli sitting up smiling in the bed. "Hey guys." He said, trying to situate himself against the pillows on the bed. 

"Dude, you scared the shit out of us." Matt teased as he stepped inside, shaking his head. 

"Hell, I scared the shit out of myself" He said, pulling the blanket up. 

"Did they say when they were going to let you blow this place?" Lee asked.

Oli shrugged "Probably after they check my results and make sure there's nothing wrong with me." 

"Damn, they did a scan of your head, didn't they?" Matt began "Dude, they're gonna figure out that you don't have a brain in your head. They might keep you longer." He joked. 

"Shut the hell up" Oli laughed, flipping the room off. 

It was good to see him awake. Was good to see him joking around with everyone. I knew he had really scared me. 

It felt like forever before there was a knock on the door. The doctor we'd just spoke to entered the room. I could tell something was wrong just by the look on his face. I swallowed hard and took my spot right beside Oli's bed. 

"I hate to break this up, but could I please speak to Oli alone?" He asked.

Oli raised an eyebrow and shook his head. "Nah, don't leave guys. These are my brothers, doc. Anything you can say to me, you can say in front of them." He said. 

The doctor nodded and shut the door behind him. "Mr. Sykes, as you know we did a CT scan on your head earlier..." He began. 

Oli nodded, sitting up a little more in the bed as he listened to the doctors words "Yeah..." He said. 

"Oli, there were some strange findings on your scan and we wanted to discuss them with you. When I first saw the places, I had an idea of what it was, but I wanted to make sure. So, I called in a colleague of mine and had him check it out too. He agreed with me." 

Why was he beating around the bush? Why didn't he just tell us what was wrong. Why did I get the feeling this news was going to throw us all through a loop and we'd never be the same again?

"Oli, we believe you have brain cancer. The way it looks on our scans, it's progressed pretty far and it appears..." He said, trailing off once more. 

"Just tell me what's going on." Oli said 

"You don't have that long left to live. We're estimating around 3 weeks." He said. 

Oli swallowed hard, shaking his head. "Okay, see, you had me going there for a minute. I really believed you were just telling me I had cancer and was going to die." He laughed. 

"I did, Oli." He said softly. "I'm going to leave you with your friends now, we'll be back soon to get you out of here." He said as he headed out the door. 

No. This wasn't happening. He just came in to get his head checked out because he got hit in the head. This was a nightmare. And I was going to wake up at any moment and things were going to be normal again. This wasn't happening. 

Oli sighed and shook his head, gripping the blanket as he looked at us, trying to hold back his tears. "I can't believe this is happening." He said. 

Neither could I. Every time I opened my mouth to say something, I decided against it. I didn't want it coming out wrong, or sounding stupid. 

Oli didn't know how much I loved him. He didn't know how much I needed him. And now he never would. 

I wiped at my eyes with the back of my hand as I took a seat in the chair next to the wall. "We're all here for you, Oli. Always have been. Always will be...." I said finally. 

"I can't believe this...I'm dying." Oli said softly, tears streaming down his cheeks.