14

Jordan's P.O.V

I missed oli. Missed him more than I ever thought possible. When he died, a part of me died right along with him.

"I can still feel you," I said softly, shaking my head as I looked around the empty room. The room I once shared with the man I loved.

"I'm here baby"

A small smile spread across my face "I swear I can hear you sometimes. Why can't you be here?! I can't do this without you, Oli. You're my everything." As soon as I'd finished the words, tears were streaming down my cheeks.

I did this often now. The majority of my day is spent crying. It seems like every time I think I'm okay, something happens to remind me I'm not.

Oli and I were supposed to grow old together. Supposed to be old men sitting on rocking chairs on the porch watching our grandchildren play in the yard. We were cheated out of our future.

"Life isn't worth living anymore. All I want is to be with you" I said softly, taking in a shaky breath.

I knew Oli wouldn't want me talking like that. Hell, he wouldn't even want me thinking that way. But it was true.

Oli's P.O.V

I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks as I listened to Jordan's words. I knew he was having it rough. I wanted to be with him just as much as he wants to be with me.

'I'm here, baby.' I said to myself, wishing more than anything I could just talk to him.

Just then, Jordan stopped. "Oli?" He asked softly. "I hear you...." He said.

He heard me?! How was that possible? I was confused, but decided to go with it.

"I'm here with you Jordan."

Jordan swallowed hard and turned, looking in my direction.

"Oh my God. I see you!"

It didn't take long for him to run over, throw his arms around me & hold me tight.

"Its okay, baby." I said softly, "I'm here "

He looked up at me slowly "how can you be here?" He asked, obviously confused.

And it was then I knew why I was still here. To save Jordan.

"I'm here because you needed me. You were thinking about taking your life, and I was left here to stop you." I said.

Jordan sighed "I can't do this without you. You were my life, how can I go on without you in it?"

I smiled, pressing a kiss to his lips "baby, I'm always here." I began, placing my hand over his heart. "I'm right here. Its not your time yet. It was my time. Jordan, I love you more than words could ever express. You took care of me, and made my final days here good. You saved me. Now let me save you"

He sighed, closing his eyes as he rested his head against mine. "I want to be with you."

"I know you do. And I want that too. And when the time is right, we will be together again." I promised.

Biting gently at his lower lip he nodded, letting his eyes slip closed. "How long do we have?"

"Not long..." I answered softly.

"I love you, oli. I'll love you till the day I die and see you again."

I smiled. "And I love you. Please take care of yourself."

Jordan nodded.

"This isn't goodbye. This is I'll see you. And I will. I love you"

Jordan's P.O.V

And just like that, he was gone. I thought I would be sad when he left, but after our talk and getting to hold him again, I felt a sense of closure.

••••
Its been 3 years since I lost oli. I still think about him everyday. Even though his body might not be with me, his spirit lives on. I know we'll be together again one day. I look forward to the day when I'll be joined with him forever.

Until then, I'm living my life the best way I know how....