13

Here's the thing about being dead. It sucks. I've been sitting here watching Jordan sleep for hours now. All I want to do is hold him. Kiss him. Tell him how much I love him, & how much I appreciate everything he did for me. All I can do is lie here and watch the gentle rise and fall of his chest as he sleeps.

This doesn't make any sense. If I'm dead, truly 100% dead, why am I still here? Why can't he see me? Why can't he feel me?

I knew there was something not quite right about the situation, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I carefully laid down next to Jordan, my fingers finding their way into his hair. It was something I always did when he was sick or tired, and it would usually lull him right to sleep.

How was I going to leave him? I knew he had the others and I knew they would take care of him, but I wanted to be the one who took care of him. I needed to be. After all, he'd taken such good care of me while I was sick.

Jordan sighed in his sleep and snuggled closer to me. It was almost as if his subconscious knew I was there. And in that moment, I think he needed to be near me as much as I needed to be near him.

I leaned in, pressing a kiss to his lips, letting my own lips linger there for a moment before I slowly pulled away. This was hard. I wanted him to wake up, wrap his arms around me and everything be the way it was that morning.

I wiped away a few tears that slid down my cheeks and snuggled closer to him. I was content lying there next to him as long as I could.

3 weeksजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें