47 minutes// Peter

I was siting at the lab table, taking notes and making my own as the lesson continued on even though my note taking got slower and slower.

"You okay?" Peter leaned over and whispered.

If you just looked at the two of us right now, you could clearly tell what was wrong. Peter was sitting straight up with his feet tapping the bar that circled around the stool and was taking notes faster than what the teacher was teaching. And then drop your eye level to me, who had her entire upper arm leaning on the cold table top and was resting her head on her open palm, and don't even ask where I was in my notes.

"I'm running on 47 minutes of sleep."

Peter's hand froze and his head has snapped to my direction, "47 minutes of sleep!"

"For the past two day, no less," I added, looking back down at my notes to notice that the words I had just written were going straight through the bottom line.

"Y/N, you need sleep," Peter informed me.

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock," I grumbled erasing my last sentence to write it correctly.

"You're doing actions right now that require 8 to 7 hours of sleep and you're doing it on what, 23 and a half minutes!" Peter's eyes just got progressively wider the more he talked.

"Yes, Peter, I know," I muttered trying to catch up with the notes I missed just by rewriting that one sentence.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the class period. Sighing, I just gave up on the last few lines of notes and closed my notebook, shoving it into my backpack.

"But seriously, Y/N, promise me that you will sleep tonight," Peter looked me in the eye as he handed me a piece of paper that I forgot to grab of off the lab table.

"Peter, you think I want to be this tired?" I honestly answered him. "I don't know why I can't just get my brain to shut off."

"Read before bed, get a mug of tea, listen to music?" He suggested.

I slung my bag over my shoulder, "I'll try, I'll text you later."

----

A full twenty-four hours later, and I had only received a good hour of sleep.

"You sleep last night?" Peter asked as he sat down next to me. My answer was just to look at him. When his eyes meet mine, he saw the purple that was dusted across my eyelids and the black and blue underneath my eyes. "Y/N," he sighed.

"I did everything you said, and I only got an hour of sleep," I placed my head down on the cool surface and closed my eyes. Peter moved my hair out of my face and stuck it behind my ear. "I just can't sleep."

"You think you're an insomniac?" Peter questioned.

"I have no clue," I mumbled, not wanting Peter's hand to leave my hair.

"I'll do some research on how to fall asleep and we'll go from there, okay?"

"I want to say okay, but I already know it's not going to work, but thank you anyway, Pete."

"Anytime," Peter raked his fingers though my hair once more time before the bell rang to start class. "I just want you to sleep."

----

Later that day, Peter caught me in the stairwell between classes, explaining to me what he had discovered, "Okay, so you can listen to light music or drink some chamomile tea. One site was talking about sleeping in a position were your spine is straight," we turned onto the next flight as he continued, "one said to also wear socks to bed, apparently they help you fall asleep faster."

"Peter, you think-" and I never finished that sentence since my sleep deprived body slipped up and made me miss a step.

My knee buckled as I fell straight now onto my butt directly on the step beneath me.

Peter took no time helping me up and getting me down the rest of the steps safely.

Then he decided to lecture me, "You're going to call your mom and she will come you up and you will go home and try and sleep. And if you're not asleep by the time I climb though your window at exactly 2:30, so help me I will..." Peter affirmative tone was gone as fast as it came, "... help you sleep? Uhh... just call you mom, I'll see you later."

Peter turned and started walking down the hallway to his next class as I pulled out my phone to text my mom, but not before Peter whipped back around to kiss my temple, "Please try." And then he was officially gone.

----

My face was shoved in my pillow with the covers pulled up to the back of my neck, and it was surprisingly comfortable, but still no sleep was gained.

A knock was heard from my window as Peter let himself in, "You asleep?"

I let out a noise that was a mixture of a groan and the laziness of not wanting to pick my face up to create words.

"You sleep at all?" He asked as he slipped his sneakers off, setting them on the windowsill.

The same noise was made from the earlier question.

"Oh, Y/N," he sighed.

Peter quickly shut the window, trapping the cold bursts of wind outside and walked over to my bed. His feet padding across the floor before lifting up the blanket and joining me.

"Come on, move over."

And the same noise was made again.

"Stop making weird noises and face me." I rolled off of my stomach and onto my side, moving my face from the pillow to Peter's chest. He chuckled and started running his hand through my hair.

I softly smiled, "and now, if you just rub my back I'll be out like a light." And as if on cue, he started to softly trace patterns into my back. "I was just joking," I laughed, starting to pull away.

"Oh, no, no," Peter pulled me back against his body, "I don't care what I have to do, but I'll make you fall asleep."

I sighed, giving up, "Fine, then just stay here."

And that was it, those were the last words uttered since ten minutes later, I finally got some rest laying in Peter's arms. But not before he pressed a kiss to my check, whispering a good night.

-----------

Hi, so it's been awhile 😬

-K💕