Goggle Marks// Peter

"Just go talk to him," Annie said with a small smile on her face.

I just sighed and shook my head, "No, I can't."

Annie sighed to herself before placing her hands on my shoulders, "You can do it. I know you can. And he likes you too."

I picked my head up and tilted it in confusion, "How do you know?"

The corner of her lips tilted upward as she said, "I got my ways."

I blinked in annoyance, "Seriously."

She chuckled, "Okay, okay. Whenever I look at him, he always lost in thought staring at you. If possible, he's probably more love sick than you."

Sighing once more, "That's not true."

And now it was Annie's turn to close her eyes in annoyance, "Alright, enough is enough. Stop being Napstablook and get in there."

We were standing outside our chemistry room when we were about to walk in Annie spotted Peter and thought it was time to give me a pep talk. And it didn't go quite her way.

She had enough and turned to walk behind me, pushing my back to get me to walk through the door.

"Annie! Stop!" Thinking on my feet, I sidestepped to escape her horribly thought out plan. "This isn't helping, if anything, it's freaking me out even more!"

"Come on, Y/N, you guys clearly like each other. Just do something about it," her face dropped. I know she was just trying to help, but her helping just didn't make me feel comfortable.

"You don't think I don't want this to happen? Annie, you know me. I just can't," her face was still facing the floor when I put my hand on her shoulder, "Thanks for trying."

She lifted her head to reach my eyes. I had a small smile on my face. I understand her point of view, but my anxiety just wouldn't let me.

She let out a deep breath, straightening herself out, "Okay, lets go blow things up."

I laughed, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and entering the classroom just before the bell rang.

Departing from each other, we said a quick "see you later" before going to sit next to our lab partners.

"Hey, Pete," I quietly said tossing my bag up onto the lab table.

He looked up from the test tube that was filled with some blue liquid. The goggles on his face were foggy around the ridges from the heat of the burner. He smiled and said hello.

"You got here early, huh? What are we destroying today?" I asked as I got out my notebook.

"Well, today we are sacrificing some sour patch kids," he chuckled as he pulled his face away from his work, "I already got your goggles and gloves."

I thanked him and got to work myself. The way we usually work is in silence with the occasional question and/or statement. He would usually handle the chemicals due to my shaky hands as I would answer the lab sheet and write down any notes that were needed.

And that's how the class went, yet again. We barely said anything, but I gave myself a pat on the back for the atmosphere for not being too awkward.

Taking off my goggles and shaking my hair out, I started to clean up the lab table when I heard some small chuckles coming from Peter's direction. Looking up from my hands, I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "What?"

My first word in about 40 minutes shocked Peter, but either way he still answered me with a small silly smile playing on his lips. "You have red marks on your nose from the goggles," rubbing the bridge of his nose has he spoke. My eyes widen slightly before I started to rub my own nose to be rid of the lines.

Peter chuckled, resting his hand on my arm before saying, "Don't worry, it looks cute."

My face probably turned as red as the marks on my nose. Removing my hand from my nose, I cleared my throat, "Umm.. You need anything from my notes?"

Peter looked away from cleaning the equipment, leaning back to look at his paper only to shake his head, "Nope, I'm good."

I nodded my head before slipping away to go talk to Annie.

"Hey," I leaned against the lab table on my forearms, trying to caught her attention.

"... Yeah." She was too busy writing down the notes she should have taken 10 minutes ago.

"I'll give you all the answers if you pay full attention to me right now."

Her pen dropped immediately and she shifted to rest her head in the palm of her hand, "I'm listening." Before saying anything else she pointed to the bridge of her nose, "You got-"

"Marks from the goggles. I know. Peter pointed them out," the giddy and happy smile on my face confused her.

"Is that what you came over here to tell me?" Her eyebrows furrowed. "I'm still getting those answers from you."

"Yes, I did. And yes, you still will, but he pointed them out and while I tried to rub them away, he said 'don't worry, they look cute'." By now I hopping on the balls of my feet, waiting for Annie's reaction.

She grabbed my wrist and pulled me back over to the lab table where Peter was, who was now talking to his buddy Ned.

She let go of my wrist just as she walked around the table to be eye to eye with Peter, "Okay, Parker. Enough is enough." Peter stood up straight and his expression was the only answer needed, confused as fuck. "You stare at her all the time. You text me all the time asking questions about her to get to know her better, when you can just text or talk to her yourself. You screenshot and save all her selfies from Instagram. And stop giving me that look, you do it. Just ask her out already." Annie let out with her hands on her hips.

Ned decided to jump in to help Annie's case out, "Yeah, dude, it's getting kinda annoying listening to you talk about her all the time when she's not even your girlfriend. Just do something about it." He then pointed over at me, "The feeling is so obviously mutual." That one got both of our faces completely red.

"Thank you, Ned," Annie let out a deep breath. "Peter, you really like Y/N. Y/N, you really like Peter. Just go out together."

"Yeah, together, how about Friday night?" Ned offered. He patted Peter's shoulder, "Pete's got nothing to do."

Annie threw out her arms in my direction, "And Y/N got no plans!" I just looked between the both of them, not saying a word. How did we get to this?

Peter was probably thinking the same exact thing. I looked over at him to find him already looking. He sidestepped away from Ned who was still talking to Annie about Friday night plans. Both were to busying setting us up to notice that we had walked away.

"So," Peter ran a hand through his hair before continuing, "You actually want to do something on Friday?"

I smiled and answered, "I'd love to," all while our best friends were still going crazy and talking about how shy and full of anxiety we both were.

The bell rang as Peter grabbed my bag and handed to me before grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together, walking out of the classroom, talking about what to do on Friday.

Ned was first to notice and pointed, "Wait, what the hell happened? When did that become a thing?"

Annie turned around, resting her back against the lab table, "I don't know." A thought then popped into her head and crossed her arms over her stomach. "But she didn't give me her answers."

------------------------------------

Annie's back. I think I might make her a reoccurring character. I don't really know yet.

How you guys doing?

I'm alright, my best friend is in Germany for the next week and her boyfriend (who is still a really good friend of mine) is texting me non stop. And since I'm a hopeless human being, he's trying to help me get a boyfriend of my own 😂
He's such a good bean. So that's kinda how this chapter came to be.

And yeah, this was the chapter that I accidentally posted. Whoops..

Hope you enjoy!
-K💕