Nineteen Notes// Peter

I actually found this draft half completed in my Chandler imagines, so I did a little switch-a-roo of names... and decided to post it here instead. It's short, but full of references.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15-24-36, I mouthed while turning the dial of my locker. When I reached 36 the dial tightened, signaling for me to pull it open, but because of the cold air, my hands weren't working correctly and the dial fell back into place, locking me out of my locker.

I groaned as I put in the combination again, only to have the same exact thing happen again.

"Come on, you piece of shit." I hit it with my hand and tried again.

"Whoa, easy there. Somebody had a bad night." Peter walked up and leaned his back against the locker next to mine.

"Shut up." The dial continued to piss me off even more.

"Want some help?" Peter asked, crossing his arms over his chest with an amused smile on his face.

I huffed, "Like I'm going to tell you my locker combination. You're probably just going to go in there everyday and change one small thing, but I'll notice it, but I won't know exactly what you changed or moved and will drive me crazy for the rest of my days. So no, I don't need your help." I rambled as I continued to put my combo in over and over again.

The entire time I was too busy frustrating with my locker, Peter was starting to laugh harder and louder with every fail.

"Screw it! 15-24-36!" I hit the damn locker once more before switching places with him. "I swear if you open it on the first try-"

   "Voilá." He pulled open the door the entire way with a proud grin on his face.

   "Oh, fuck you." I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

   "Hey! Looks like you got an admirer." He handed me a folded piece of loose leaf paper.

    I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion before I gingerly took the paper from him, "No one has ever shown any interest in me before, why start now?"

    I unfolded the note and quickly read it:

"Ben Parish couldn't be just satisfied with being the most gorgeous guy in school. Just to torment me with his perfection, he also insisted on being one of the smartest."

Not only did my so-called admirer know what my one of my favorite books were, but he also knew who was my favorite character and my favorite quote from the book.

"Not really sure if I should be impressed or creeped out right now." I said showing Peter the note.

He grabbed the note from me and read it. "Wow. He must really know his stuff," He handed the crumpled piece of paper back to me and closed my locker as I zipped up my bag.

"Thanks, but really? Not really sure about how I'm supposed to react. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely flattered, but the creepy part is how did he find out about this stuff." I shrugged my shoulders, blowing it off. "Maybe it was a joke. "

Peter shrugged his shoulders and took a look at his phone, "We should get going. Class starts in a few minutes."

~~~~~

2:06. Best time of the day. The final bell had just rung and everyone was filing out of their classrooms and rushing to their lockers.

"Let's try this again." I said as I walked up to my locker, and thankfully it open on the first try without Peter's help.