Painful Love (A Mitch Grassi Fanfic)

Mitch's POV

It was raining out so i couldn't do anything today. Travis was at work so i didn't have anyone to talk to. Well except for my cat, which would make me seem crazy so.

   After a while, i heard a knock on my door. Who could be at the door in this storm? I thought to myself, but then rushed to the door.

   When i opened the door, all i saw was a small girl, probably no older than 9. Her lips were close to turning blue. "C-can i p-please come i-in?" she asked, shivering. "Of course! Come in!" I practically yell. I grabbed her arm and then gently but quickly pulled her in. She was soaking wet. "Would you like a towel to dry of with?" i asked her. She nodded, probably unable to speak because she was shivering so much.

    I ran to the bathroom and grabbed a towel, then quickly ran back to the shivering child.

    I wrapped the child in the towel. Her body relaxed after she seemed to be warmed up somewhat. I still didn't know her name or where she lives or why she came to my house. I finally got enough courage to ask her.

   "What's your name?" i asked her. I said it gently so i wouldn't startle her. "Kacey." she said just as gently as i had. "Kacey. Why are you here?" i said calmly. "I got cold outside." she said, i felt so bad for this child. "I see. So why didn't you go home?" i asked her politely. "I don't have a home." she said, staring down at her feet, almost ready to cry.

    She was an orphan. She had no home. But what about her parents? "Kacey?" i asked her, placing my hand on her little knee. "Yes?" she asked looking up at me. "Where are your parents? Why aren't you with them?" at that moment, by the look on her face, i shouldn't have asked those questions.

    "They're well, uh, well they're dead..." she said while the tears ran down her face. I really felt bad for her.