The Talk

Kacey's POV

  Daddy said we needed to talk about the razor I had in my back pocket.

  We had just arrived at our house. "Well I'm going to get some sleep." Dad said. "OK. Sweet dreams." I said. He gave Daddy and I a kiss and headed to his bedroom. "Kacey, how bad is your room?" Maria asked me. "Uh, its sleep able I guess." I told her. "Can I sleep in there?" she asked. I nodded and she headed back to my room.

  "Kacey." Crap. "Yes?" I asked. "Wrists. Now." Daddy demanded. I sighed and turned around. I reached for my sleeve and reluctantly pulled it up. "Kacey...why?" Daddy asked. I couldn't take it. I broke down and Daddy sat me down on the couch.

  "Daddy. I'm so sorry. I know I told you I stopped but...." I managed to say. "But what?" he asked me. "I couldn't take it anymore. All the names and the beatings. I'm so sorry. It was just too much." I sobbed into his shoulder. "Its ok baby girl. Its ok." he said stroking my hair.

  We sat like that for a few minutes when I heard footsteps. It was Dad. "Mitch-" he tried saying but stopped. "Kacey..." he said. I froze. I forgot to roll down my sleeves. "Travis... its OK." Daddy tried telling him. "No its not!" Dad yelled. I flinched a little. "Dad... i-im fine." I said to him. "Kacey... you obviously aren't. Why would do something stupid like this!?" Dad continued yelling. "Stupid?! You think this is stupid? You don't understand what those kids do to me for me to want to do this! I hate you!" I yelled and stormed out of the room. I meant this that time.

Mitch's POV

  Did Kacey really just say that? I could see the state of stock on his face. "Travis?" I asked him. "I-Im OK." he lied. I could tell he was lying. Whenever he lies, he would stutter. "Travis, I know you're not." I said. And that's when he lost it.

  "Does she mean it Mitch? Does she really hate me?" he asked me. "Of course not. Its just that she has been getting picked on and she has so much pressure right now." I explained to him. "Promise?" he asked. "Promise." I said to him.

  After a few minutes I spoke up. "Cmon. Let's get to bed." he nodded and we made our way to the bedroom. He got in first and then I got in. I laid on my side and felt him wrap his arm around me. "Goodnight Mitch." he said to me. "Goodnight Travis." And with that, we fell asleep.