Chapter 9; Illusions

Chapter 9:

I hadn't had a wink of sleep and I feel awfully tired. My eyes had dark eyes under them and they felt heavy.

I dragged across the school hallway, my hair a bit messed up. I walked to my locker opening it. I pulled out my English text book and walked to class.

The sky was Grey and looked as though It would rain. I sat in my usual spot and opened my textbook to see what were doing today. The consequences of feeling scared.

I groaned as the words spinned around. What seemed to itch my mind was why all of a sudden? Why do I feel tired all of a sudden when I can go for a full 2 night's without any sleep. I let out a sigh and banged my head against the text book.

I banged it again only to feel a warm hand on my forehead. I looked up to see his Grey icy blue eyes. A smile plastered on his face.

"you wouldn't wanna hurt that beautiful head of yours." he says, his voice once again sending shivers down my spine.

He was soaked and water dripped from his now naked upper body. "Why are you wet?" I questioned him.

He looked at me confused. "It was raining for a while now, what's wrong Victoria?" he questioned.

There's no way it would be raining and I wouldn't hear it. I abruptly turned around only to come into view with water falling from the skies. I groaned in frustration and banged my head against the book again.

"Zolton, would it be weird if I told you that I've been hearing things, seeing things." I asked the paused "Would you believe me?" I asked him.

He looked at me, his eyes wide, his face confused, his eyebrows furrowed. "Don't beat around the bush, Tori, what is it?" he asked concern laced in his voice.

"I've been seeing things, or I've heard a person calling my name often, and last night the doll my parents had given to me as a gift, moved, I don't know what it is, I think I'm loosing my mind." I explained as I groaned putting my head down on the table.

"Tori, what exactly is this 'person'  saying." he questioned me.

"he keeps saying come to me"  I whispered to him. He looked shocked. Worried almost.

The bell rang and slowly peoples rated piling the class one after the other. Chairs screeched as students took their seats. The teacher walked in and class commenced.

Books were flipped open, and pens clicked. But everything sounded blur all loud.

I put my hand over my ears and closed my eyes waiting for the sound to quiet down. I opened my eyes to see myself in a forest.

The trees swayed with the wind. Birds flew into the sky. The sky was blood red. I stood in a cliff as I watched wolves charging at each other.

The wind blew against my skin as I felt a shiver go down my spine. But the man I had seen at the restaurant the young man, that stood outside. Stood silently watching me yet again.

He simply stared, not blinking, not looking eye contact. A smirk immediately took over his face as I felt I was falling.

A loud splash echoed to make it see as if I hit water, an ocean. I tried swimming up but I couldn't go up. I began loosing my breath. All I could see was the blue water surrounding me.

I closed my eyes and let darkness consume me as my breathing became shallower and shallower. I then abruptly opened my eyes only to pant for air.

Zoltan held my face up to him. I sat up immediately, looking around my surroundings. I sat as dry as a desert. Not a stain of blood on me. But everything seemed so real. So true.

Zolton's eyes were dark in worry, as he opened his mouth to speak. "we need to get you to see the Oracle. Some thing is not right." he advised in his deep voice.

Oracle?

Soon I was lifted bridal style as my hand went around his neck. I hadn't noticed the students that gathered around me with worried eyes.

Zolton walked out of the classroom, heat radiating off his body. His chest heaving up and down, calming him down. What was that?

*************

Heyya guys! How was the chapter? Did you enjoy it? I wonder what Victoria is seeing. Could it be real, or just an illusion.

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama