Back Off: Peter X Reader

You looked up at the large clock hanging in the library. "Shit." You mumbled and closed your text book. You were going to be late. It happens ever day no matter how often you look at the clock. You gathered your books into your arms and swung by the desk for a pass.

"It's on the counter Y/n." Mr. Harper looked up from his computer with a knowing smile.

"Thanks Mr. H. This is why you're my favorite teacher!" You called over your shoulder as you stepped through the glass doors. You trotted down the large stair case as the late bell rang loudly. It was still the morning and you were on your way to English, but at least you had a pass for being late. Though Mrs. Kingston was getting annoyed by it.

You stepped into the quiet classroom and set the late pass on the desk while avoiding her stare. You turned and moved to the back of the room, taking your seat beside your best friend.

"You just like pushing it, don't you Y/n?" Peter snickered as he continued writing his essay.

"Oh hush. I was trying to finish my history project that you haven't done anything to contribute to." You hissed back. You pulled you your papers out while he chuckled to himself. "Still on for tonight?" You asked glancing over.

"Yeah. I have to go home to Aunt May first though." He nodded.

You both fell silent when you saw Mrs. Kingston staring at you. You sighed and waited out the day.

---
You closed your locker door and shouldered your bag as you pulled out your phone to text your brother.

"Hey Y/n!"

You turned to see Alec making his way toward you and you sighed inwardly. Alec was one of the biggest playboy's in your grade and he annoyed you greatly.

"Hey Alec." You forced a smile. "What's up?"

"Wanna go get dinner tonight?" He asked and continued before you could answer. "I'll pick you up at seven."

"No Alec, I already have plans." You shook you head and found yourself stepping against your locker when he moved closer.

"I'll pick you up at 7 Y/n." He said more firmly.

"Hey why don't you back off." A new voice cut through.

You turned your head to see Peter stepping forward from the crowd.

"Or what." Alec snorted. "You going to stop me pipsqueak?"

Peter didn't even finish saying he would before Alec threw a punch. You  ended up catching Peter since he stumbled into you.

"Don't do this." You pleaded softly so only he could hear, but he didn't seem to care as he threw himself at the larger guy. A group started to form around the three of you as shouts and cheers erupted from them.

You stood back watching horrified, not sure what to do. Suddenly Alec was yanked back by someone larger and you took the opportunity to grab Peter and pull him to you. Your gaze flicked to your brother breaking up the fight and sending the crowd on their way.

"You two okay?" He asked looking at you.

You nodded absent-mindedly while watching Peter already gathering his bag he had dropped. "Peter." You said softly but he still didn't look at you. You touched his shoulder and turned him to look at you. Your breath caught at the sight of his split lip, cut cheek, and already black eye. "Uhh. You probably shouldn't go to your house first."

He shook his head. "I'll call her." He looked at your brother. "Mind giving me a ride?" He asked and your brother nodded.

"Yeah. Just no bleeding on my seats." Your brother teased lightly causing you to roll your eyes.

---

"Will you please hold still?" You sighed and tipped your head as you pulled your hand away. You were trying to help Peter get cleaned up after you got back from school, but he kept fidgeting.

"I'm sorry but it hurts." He muttered and sucked a breath in as you wiped at the cut on his cheek.

"Shouldn't be worse than taking the punch." You sighed and held the cloth against his cheek and looked into his eyes. "Why did you do that?" You asked softly.

"Because he wasn't treating you right, or taking no as an answer for that matter." He said just as quietly. "You deserve to be treated better Y/n."

You stared at him a moment longer before looking down. "Well thanks." You started to clean up the first aid kit. "I've never had someone stand up for me besides my brother." You say looking back at him.

"Well maybe it's time for that to change." He said staring at you.

"Maybe it is." You murmured softly, holding his gaze. He started to lean forward and you started to meet him half way when you heard your brothers voice coming around to your door.

"Hey Y/n supper is ready and oh wow. Okay so I'll just got back downstairs." He said turning away and going in the same direction he came.

You couldn't help but smile.

"I should be going." Peter said standing and shouldering his bag to hide his red face. "Aunt May will be wondering." He mumbled.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." You smiled and he nodded as he waved and walked out.