Natasha X male!reader (requested)

AN: This is longer than I expected so I apologize in advance. Also this is unedited and like all my stories, written on my phone so I apologize for any spelling mistakes.

"That's my partner?" Natasha questioned the man beside her. "He can't even open a jar of pickles." She said skeptically.

You stood on the other side of the kitchen unaware of your sudden audience. It was true though, the pickle jar in your hands remained closed despite your desperate attempt to open it. "Fuck this shit." You muttered before putting the jar on the counter and rooting through the drawers.

"Hes resourceful and one of my best assassins." Nick Fury nodded in confidence as he watched you crack a knife harshly onto the side of the jar.

The glass cracked down the side and from there you gently cracked it like an egg, careful to let no little pieces break off. Gently you laid the glass to the side and laid the pickles in a new container after rinsing them. Satisfied with your work you claimed a pickle for yourself and turned around.

"Oh. Director Fury, didnt know you were standing there." You commented before leaning against the counter behind you. "Pickle?" You offered the two before you.

"I think I'll pass." Nick commented with slight amusement in his eye. "(Y/N) I want to introduce you to Natasha. Shes going to be your partner for this next mission." He said and you gave the woman a nod of greeting. "Come with me and I'll brief you." He said motioning you to follow.

Your mouth opened to protest but you quickly shut it and sighed before following the other two.

~~

"So this, Yuri, is wanted dead or alive?" You confirmed and Fury nodded. "Okay so we just blend in to get in the party and go from there." You shrugged. "Seems simple enough."

"Which means it will go wrong." Natasha sighed.

You looked at her and rolled your eyes. "Way to be optimistic."

"Optimism has gotten me no where." She replied straight faced.

"Whatever." You sighed and stood up. "Come on, I'll drive." You said and walked out, not waiting to see if she followed.

You had heard a lot about Natasha and was surprised to find yourself on a mission with her. Despite knowing Clint, this was the first you had met her.

"Which car is yours?" She asked as the two of you stepped into the parking garage.

You glanced at her and smirked a little as she looked at all the spots cars. "The Jeep." You pointed to the Olive Drab Wrangler sitting on the end row. "Tony would kill me if I touched one of his cars again." You added.

"Again?" She asked matching your smirk.

"Its a long story." You chuckled as you got in the jeep. "Before we get to the safe house I have to make a quick stop." You added not looking over as you pulled out onto the road.

~~

"Daddy!" A little girl cried with glee as she bolted towards the Jeep that pulled up.

"Hey Cupcake." You chuckled as you lifted her and spun in a circle before setting her down. Your gaze left hers to meet the annoyed look of her mother's who was walking towards you.

"You're not supposed to pick Emily up until tonight." Sarah said with her arms crossed as you approached her.

Emily clung to your leg as you stopped in front of your Ex. "Yeah, that's why I'm here." You started and sighed as her eyes narrowed. "I had a job come up and I wont be able to get Emily until Sunday." You frowned.