Clint X Daughter! Reader

Being the daughter to Hawkeye wasn't anything over exciting even if your friends thought it was. To you it simply meant never seeing your dad for extended periods of time. Usually if he was home you were away at college and if you were home he was on a mission.

For instant he had left for a mission a day before you came home for vacation from college, but as you drove home from watching a movie with a friend you couldn't help feel disappointed he wouldn't be home for your twenty first birthday.

"Hey thanks for the ride back." You were pulled out of your thoughts as you put the Jeep in park.

You looked over at your best friend and smiled. "Yeah no problem. I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" You said watching her slide out of the vehicle.

"Yeah of course." She smiled back and waved as she headed into her house.

You turned the car around and groaned inwardly at the time. It's not like you had curfew but you knew that mom always waited up until you got home. At least you didn't have much farther to drive.

You put the car back into park and killed the engine. You looked up at the moon through the topless vehicle and wondered silently where your dad was. You brushed it out of your mind as you jumped out and started for the house.

You pushed the unlocked door open enough that you could slide in without it creaking. The house was dark and you managed to navigate to the stairs and only stub one toe. You made it up the stairs and to your door when you heard your mom call to you from her room.

"Yeah?" You questioned from her open door.

"Just put you car in the barn becuase it supposed to storm tomorrow." She said and you heard her shift in bed.

You didn't need to be told twice. "Okay." You said and closed her door on your way back to the kitchen to grab your keys.

You stopped short at the door and frowned when you realized you had your shoes in your room. Instead you slid on Clint's work boots and stepped outside. It didn't take you long to move the car into the barn in front of the tractor.

You closed the door behind you and crunched across the gravel back to the house. The only sound was the stones underfoot which seemed louder from the oversized shoes. At least that's what you thought until you heard a stone skip in front of you.

Frowning you stopped, knowing that you weren't the one who kicked a stone. You turned around with visions if horror movies going through your mind. You came face to face with a soft smile which you couldn't help but return.

You threw your arms around your dad and hugged him tightly. "I thought you said you wouldn't be home for another week." You said finally pulling back to look at him.

"And miss my girls birthday tomorrow?" He chuckled and shook his head. "I wouldn't miss that for the world." He smiled as the two of you began walking towards the house again. "Are you wearing my boots?" He asked coming onto the porch behind you.

"Yes I am." You nodded as you slid them off while he shook his head smiling.

The next day you sat around the table in the dining room surrounded by family and friends. As you battled an elbow war against your dad for the last piece of cake you couldn't help love the life you had.

Being the daughter of the famous Hawkeye may not be something you welcome with open arms, but being the daughter of Clint Barton? You couldn't ask for anything else.