The Maze [part 8]

[9]

Ricky chucked the phone on the floor and brought his hands to his head. "The Little shit's been in contact with team 6 all this time"

"Oh my" Rowan bent down and picked up the phone.

"Read the messages Rowan" Said Ricky still furious.

"Ok, The messages that were sent today say" He paused and took a deep breath before continuing "Team 6: "Jimmy what's going on?" Jimmy: "Team 1 are dead and I've been taken by team 3. The kid Ricky is a pain in the ass, he hardly lets me out of his sight so it might be difficult to stay in contact" Team 6: Stay in contact Jimmy, What are they doing keeping you alive?" Jimmy: "They're gonna find you and I'm gonna shout you so you come running and then they're gonna get Ray and take him with them, if I do that for them they're gonna let me live" Team 6: "They ain't gonna let you live Jimmy, we're coming to get you" and that's all" said Rowan, he lowered the phone to see the expression on Ricky's face.

"I'm not kidding, I'm gonna kill him. He's no use to us anymore, our plan is ruined" He looked at me "Good job you saw that phone as we would have all been walking into a trap"

Ricky walked out of the group, stopped and then looked around hastily.

"Where is he?"

"Err..." Rhea started but Ricky had already shot off back down the path.

"Why wasn't anyone watching him?" He shouted back as we all ran after him. Ricky made a sharp left turn and the rest of us nearly fell over trying to keep up with him. He could be miles away by now; there was no way we would find him. Ricky suddenly stopped, walked up to Rowan and grabbed the phone out of his hand.

"Let's text" He said.

We all gathered round him again. He typed into the phone "I got away from them, stupid assholes weren't keeping an eye on me" Ricky looked up at us and we all dropped our heads, he looked back at the phone and continued texting. "Where are you?" He pressed send and we all stood there for a while not knowing what to do next.

"Shh" said Ricky, he held his finger to his lips and we all fell silent and listened. It was nothing.

"Don't matter I thought I heard..." The phone beeped and all our heads snapped back down to look at its screen.

"How do we know you're Jimmy and not team 3? Tell us something only you would say" Ricky rolled his eyes.

"What shall I say?"

"What did he say a lot of?" Rowan held his hand to his head and turned away to think.

"Son of a bitch" Naomi said quietly

"What?" Ricky said

"He used to say son of a bitch a lot, I heard him"

"Err, anything else?" Nobody said anything. "Fine, lets try that then" Ricky began texting again, his message read "Just tell me where you are you son of a bitch" He let out a breath before pressing the send button.

"This is either gonna work like a dream or go terribly wrong" he held the phone in the middle of the group and we all waited for it to go of. We had to wait a good five minutes and when it went off half the group jumped. Ricky laughed and then read the text out loud.

"It has a smiley face and then it says: "Ok Jimmy, we will shoot into the air and blue sparks will appear above where we are ok? Don't worry no one else will find us cuz the sparks will be almost invisible so only people looking will see" Ricky clasped his hands around the phone and shoved it in his pocket.

"Perfect, now we need to be on the look out for blue sparks" We all sat on the floor and tilted our heads back to watch the sky, it was going to be difficult to see in the daylight but it was our only hope. We sat and waited for a while and when those 3 sparks entered the sky we knew it was time for a fight.

We hurried through the maze and every so often we looked to the sky to find the blue spark that pinpointed team 6's position. We tried to make as little noise as possible to halve the chance of the other group hearing us.

"We're very close" Ricky whispered back to the rest of us "Stop" He held his hand out so we would stop. He pointed to the hedge and we all realized that the other team was behind it. He held his finger up to his mouth and carefully took out his sword.

"Jimmy won't be long, then we can hunt down team 3" Ray's voice was big and loud. Ricky grinned and he raised his eyebrows. "Let's go" he whispered and we all very quietly took out our weapons. Rowan, Ricky, Arran and Kyle ran at the hedge first and busted through it on to the other side. Me, Rhea and Katie followed shortly after and Naomi hesitated slightly before following us. When I got through the team were moving rapidly backwards but the boys had them surrounded. There were only four of them left, two boys and two girls. Overall there were 5 people still alive in team 6 but Jimmy was absent.

"RAY, YOU AND ME" Ricky ran down the path and Rowan and Kyle parted to let Ray go. He raced down the path after Ricky, pulling his long silver sword out of his pack. Katie touched her forehead then her left shoulder and then her right. She was praying for him. The other members of team 6 had pulled out their weapons and they got into their fighting position. I put my hand on Naomi's shoulder to stop her shaking "Ready?" I said.

"Born ready" Naomi lunged towards the three enemies and the rest of us followed. We outnumbered the others 7 to 3 so we had a big advantage. In fact I was very confident we'd walk this fight. I took out a knife I had kept in my pack and plunged it into the group. It was scratching a few people but other than that it wasn't doing any damage at all.

"Come here bitch" I swung round and saw a large boy swinging his sword in the air. I ducked as he swung it towards me and I stabbed him with my knife. He laughed and ripped it out of his stomach. He attempted to stab me again but Rowan had jumped onto his back punching him on the head.

"Die, Die, and Die" He shouted as they both fell to the ground. The boy reached out for his sword but Rowan had already snatched it from the ground.

"Lenny" A skinny girl with very long hair threw a spear up into the air and the boy, who was called Lenny, grabbed it and pointed it at Rowan.

"Oh, shit" He said.

The other girl, who was carrying a big machete turned to me and tried to stick me with it but I swiftly moved backwards just in time. I chucked the knife at her hoping I would get a direct hit, she blocked it with her machete and spat on the floor. I was now unarmed. She threw herself at me and slashed my stomach, it was a direct hit. I could see blood drip from the open wound as she took a step back and laughed. "The gun" I thought, I pulled my pack of my back and ripped the gun out of it.

"Ahh, please don't" She held her hand out to stop me. I aimed and shot the girl in the head. She dropped her machete and fell backwards landing on the ground with a muffled thud. The others were still fighting, I shot the other two of team 6 quickly in the head and one by one they fell to the ground. I put my hand over the gash in my stomach to try and stop the blood leaving my body. My hoodie, which was ripped to reveal the wound, was soaked in my blood. I fell backwards onto the floor unable to get up again, my vision became very blurry and I felt terribly dizzy and confused. I was dying, in a few seconds I would be dead. I closed my eyes as I felt hands pull me up of the floor. I wearily looked up and saw Kyle holding me tightly, he was crying. Maybe he did feel something for me after all. I smiled and closed my eyes again.

"Bye" I whispered, and then I blacked out.