Chapter 6

'They know your here.' I keep reading the note, again and agin. But it stays the same, the same blunt message as before. Who knows I'm here? What do I worry about more, that 'they' know I'm here or the person who shadows me? I need to tell someone, but I don't want to worry them, nor do I want them to think I can't handle my own problems. Everyone else in the guild seems so independent and able to solve a problem like this, what if they think i don't fit in? They seem so nice and not judgmental, however so did the first guild I joined not long after the dragons disappeared. After that I didn't join another guild, except for now of course.

"Are you ok?" Erza called from where I had lodged the stick in the ground,
"Y-yeah!" I reply jumping stuffing the note in my pocket with the others  "I, um just thought I saw some more fire wood."
Unconvinced Erza searched my face for an answer, then sighed "If your sure, but you need to talk about something, I'm here. Now, lets head back to camp, it's getting dark and you seem to have plenty of fire wood."

Once we got back to the camp it was pitch black and, unlike any forest I had been I before, the groans and wales of nearby monsters only grew louder as the darkness grew thicker. The fire roared as we all huddled around it, double checking the supports on the tents. The fire not only provided us with a way too cook food, but it's the only way to provide light. The trees branches were so thick woven together that not one beam of moonlight could weave its way through to illuminate the forest.

"How far away do you think the treasure is now?" Wendy inquired
"Hmm," Erza began studying the map " Very close to where we are now, it shouldn't take long to get there tomorrow."
"What does the area look like, any traps that you know of?" Romeo asked
"I haven't been informed of any in the area, however don't let your guard down this is an unfamiliar area." Erza replied "All I know of the area that the treasure is located in is that it's some sort of place of worship."
"So the treasure is most likely in the centre, right?" Carla continued
"Yeah, most likely." Erza answered

Despite the dangers that surround us everyone else seemed to be completely relaxed, I seem to be the only one that can't let there guard down. Jumping every time a near by branch snapped or the leaves rustle. For all I know, we're being watched right now. The monsters that lurked around every corner could be the least of our concerns. Who ever keeps leaving the notes could be trying to gain trust just to get something.

"Umm, are you ok Saki? You've been very quiet," Ella asked concerned
"Y-yeah, there are just so many peculiar smells. I'm still trying to figure out whats what." I quickly reply, attempting to sound sincere. However my statement couldn't be further from the truth, what if we were being watched now? I know that I should tell someone, but I don't want to worry them.
"I know what you mean, there are so many smells here." Wendy yawned "Anyway, I'm going to try to get some sleep."
"Me too." I reply "I've not been sleeping properly recently, so I'm getting tired quicker."
"We should all try too get some sleep, there could be douses of traps and monsters so we need to be alert tomorrow." Erza said standing up "However we need people to keep watch, the last thing we need is to be ambushed while we sleep."
"I can take first watch if you want." I reply, besides it gives me an opportunity to keep an eye out for any other people.
"I thought you were tired" Carla pointed out
"I am, but i would rather be able to have an uninterrupted sleep than having to wake up." I answer quickly
"Fair enough, that makes more sense" Carla replied, not asking any more questions.
"When this sand timer runs out, wake me up and i will take over." Erza said walking back out of her tent.
"Umm, why do you have a sand timer?" I ask Erza trying not to sound rude,
"Umm, well, you never know when you'll need it." Erza answered trying to find a reason for carrying round a sand timer.
"See you in the morning!" I call after everyone as the climb into there tents
"Will you be ok out here?" Ella asked me "It's scary."
"Yeah I'll be fine, if you get scared you can always come out to me and I'll be swapping with Erza soon anyway
"Ok. See you in the morning." Ella replied climbing into our tent.

Now that it's just me out here, the forest seemed so much scarier. The wind whistled through the trees, sometimes causing huge, old, decaying, branches to snap and break; the mist that resided at the Forrest flood seemed to grow thicker, engulfing more and more of the forest within it; all around me monsters roared and groaned, seeming to get closer and closer before stopping and heading in the opposite direction and i cant shake the feeling that I'm being watched, glancing at the timer (again) it seemed there was still a lot of time until I have to wake up Erza. Time seemed to have completely slowed down. Then in the distance, with no warning, a large branch that had fallen earlier snapped. I froze. Checking around me, I stumble over more branches, concealed by the mist, over to the branch that had snapped. I attempted to make out the sent, but there are just so many new smells that I cant make it out. The branch was crushed through the middle, but not by a monster, at least not one that posed much threat. It was ether snapped by a small creature, or (and I hope i'm wrong) it was most likely crushed by a human. It's too dark and misty to decipher what caused it so instead (probably a stupid thing to do) I tried calling out.
"H-hello?" I stuttered, no response "Is-is someone there?" Another branch snapped, then another and another, however they seemed to get further away each time.
"Who's there?!" I questioned, louder this time. Then it went quiet, and then behind me another branch snapped. Instantly I turned around to see a figure, the same on as back in Magnolia, the same one that had been leaving notes.
"W-who are you?" I demand, trying to hide my fear "Why are you following me?" The figure didn't respond, in stead it ran, dropping another slip of paper. I freeze, this is getting worse.

Before moving i look around, i cant see the figure anymore so I snatch the note off the floor and sprint back to camp. Another blunt note was sprawled across the page, ' I'm not a threat'. How am I suppose to believe that? He or she was just at our camp, who knows for how long. It was then i notice the timer had run out.

"E-Erza... Erza?" I whisper
"Hmm..." she mutters in response
"Umm, the timer ran out" I continue, feeling bad for waking her
"Ok, anything unusual happen?" Erza yawned climbing out of her tent
"Umm..." I begin, then stopping I'm still not sure about saying anything. I don't ant to become a burden to anyone at the guild, someone who cant deal with there own problems, "A lot of branches have been falling around the camp and some snapping on the floor. I went closer but couldn't see what caused it, but it was something small."
"Ok, I  will keep an eye out. You should try to get as mush sleep as posable, see you in the morning."
"Yeah, goodnight." I reply.

Ella was asleep by now so I try not to disturb her. If something els happens I should defiantly tell them, I should have told Erza then. It looks like not telling them at this point will only put them in more danger, especially since the person was that close. But how do i bring this conversation up? I'll probably make the situation sound worse than it actually is,
I've never been good at talking about my problems, I just don't want to become a problem for anyone.