Chapter 16

I sigh in relief seeing who it is: Wendy.

I feel my shoulders slump in relief and some of my colour return to my cheeks. She gives me a curious look, then calmly closes the door behind her.

"You saw them too, didn't you."
I stair at Wendy, then slowly nod.
"But, what should we do?" We both stand in silence contemplating this. Either way, we can't stay in here too long or whoever is out there will get suspicious.

Wendy was first to speak, "We should just go out there and act normal. We can tell the others when we think there not listening, and hope for the best."
I nod without saying anything and try to relax my face. I just have to act natural.

Wendy and I both return to our seats, still tense but acting more natural that normal. I glance behind Natsu to see them watching us, and quickly avert my gaze. Clearly noticing it too, Wendy turns to face me.

Then it dawns on me, u can just use my telepathy magic. I haven't been using it lately, so I completely forgot I could even do it. I smile at Wendy reassuringly, then try to make it look like I'm paying attention to the food in front of me.

"Natsu"
"Humm" He doesn't look up from his food, clearly not realising I'm not talking out loud. I giggle at this, but stop when Juvia gives me a weird look.
"I'm using telepathy silly, but don't act like I'm talking to you."
Clearly unsure of how to answer, he nods then looks at me concerned and confused. Then, I explain what's happening.

"Ugghhh! Grey why did you order so much" Natsu looks like he is looking at the table full of food, but in reality he's looking in the direction of whoever was watching us. Luckily, they aren't facing us and this goes unnoticed. Clearly seeing Natsu wasn't looking at the food Grey gives him a weird look, but still replies
"Shut up fire breath!" Ignoring this comment, Natsu turns back around to face me, then nods.
"Defiantly them." He mutters this loud enough so that Wendy and I hear him, but not loud enough for the others to hear clearly.
"I think we should go soon," Wendy begins "I know we still have all of this food, but I wanted to show you somewhere, and its best to see it around this time." I nod in agreement and so does Natsu.
"But I still have all this strawberry cake..." Erza begins, but upon seeing my slightly panicked, urgent expression continues "but if your that desperate, I suppose I can leave it. Just this once" The others don't argue after Erza's comment.

Natsu and Wendy don't act any differently, but I can't help worrying, and glancing in the direction of whoever's in the corner. Whoever they are, they don't make it obvious what they are doing, however I catch them watching us in a window reflection, and asking for their bill just before we asked for ours. I just hope Natsu or Wendy has a plan of what to do next.