Chapter 11

Why did I have to be right?

The second I leant down to grab a herb, I was bombarded by two strong ice attack from two large, angry monsters. We couldn't see them before as they were concealed behind a colossal rock which appeared to have fallen from a nearby rock face.

They were both covered in a very light shade of white, strong scales and had bright, amber eyes, also they had several spikes along there back and tale that were almost identical enough to ice. As they watched us they bared there strong, sharp teeth at us and pounded the snow beneath them to emphasis there strength and power.

Without thinking I quickly engulf the ice to shield Ella and Grey from the attack. Almost instantly, Grey retaliates, smacking one with a large ice sword. I then use a breath attack on the other which was getting ready to attack Grey.
"Quick, put some herbs in my bag, we'll hold them back!" I shout at Ella, thrusting my open bag in her direction.
"I've got this one!" Grey shouts "You focus on the other"
"Right" I reply, trying to predict the next attack.

As I run towards the monster I create a path upwards out of ice, dodging incoming attacks at the same time. Running behind its head, I use an ice dragon wing attack, followed by a breath attack. The monster, unfazed, then swings its tail towards me, while small, sharp spikes protruded out of its tip. The tip of the tail also appeared to be hard, so I wanted till the last moment to dodge to ensure I didn't get hit by the attack. This lead to the monster to inflicting an attack on its self and, while it was still confused, I contain it in a huge, thick, impenetrable sphere of ice. Landing on the ground in front of it, I sigh. That should hold it for a minute, at least long enough for Ella to collect some herbs.

Looking to my left I see Grey had also had the idea to trap the monster. However instead of trapping the monster in a sphere of ice, he bound its arms and legs together.

Grinning, I grab the bag of herbs from Ella, who had completely filled the bag, and we begin to jog quickly down the mountain. Once we were far enough away, Grey and I both release the monsters. They both release a ferocious raw, however, luckily, don't bother to peruse us.

This job has gone a lot more smoothly than expected. Once we got back Ella and I can also begin looking for an apartment. Then we will be much safer from whoever is shadowing us.

However as we followed our route up the mountain back down, I notice something strange. There are four sets of foot prints. As I pause, staring at the tracks, Grey also notices.