Chapter 15

As we arrive at the restaurant, the waiter directs us to the table in the middle of the spacious area, where everyone else is already reading the menu.

The restaurant's interior has a modern theme, which fits in well with the modern high street area of Magnolia. Despite the busy atmosphere outside, inside the restaurant is calm and relatively quiet (apart from Natsu and Grey making wagers over who has to buy the others food).

The walls are decorated with a coral and white stripy wallpaper, and several framed pieces of art which match the colour scheme. Also, a dark wood covered the entire floor.

The seating areas are all divided into separate booths, the largest being in the middle (it could probably seat around 18 people) and smaller ones around the sides of the room (which could probably fit around 6 people). The seats were made from a soft, scarlet fabric with an amber stripe through the middle, the choice of colour helped to give the restaurant a warm, welcoming feeling.

The wood on the chairs and tables had a slight pink tone to match the warm colour scheme, and the wood separating the booths were almost the same, just slightly darker. In between the booths on the sides of the room, there is thick foliage with crimson flowers. (This is probably what is giving the room it's sweet sent.)

Finally, golden lights hang all around the room, casting a warm glow over the restaurant.

As we say hi to the others, Ella, Juvia and I sit in the empty part of the booth. I'm sat between Wendy (on my right) and Ella (on my left), with Juvia opposite Ella and Natsu and Grey opposite Wendy and I. Seeing everyone else was almost settled on what they were going to order, I quickly skim through the menu. As expected, the food here is expensive. Its lucky Juvia and Grey gave me their share of the job, or I might not have enough for an apartment and food from here. Along with Lucy, Natsu and Erza, I decide on a ramen.

Then, just as we're almost ready to order, there's a triumphant laugh from Grey, and complaining from Natsu. Still grinning, Grey then announces that Natsu will pay for all the food, so order whatever we want. Smirking Erza thanks Natsu, then declares she will have one of everything (but three slices of strawberry cake). Natsu glares at Erza, knowing that it would be a loosing battle, apparently this would cost him three jobs worth of money at least. Feeling sorry for him, I offer to pay for my own (I plan to anyway) but before Natsu can answer Grey tells me not to bother and to order everything twice if I want to. Of course this leads to a punch from Natsu and several insults. Had it not been for Erza's calm glare, there could have been a huge fight.

Until the food comes, we laugh joking about how much extra food we would order as Natsu grows paler, glancing at his, soon to be empty, wallet.
"It's not fair ice princess!!!!" He bellows, yet again
"Then you shouldn't have made the bet." Grey replays calmly, then adds "I think I'll order another drink... or maybe an extra pudding..."
Natsu grows paler at this comment, then stands up announcing he refuses to pay for Greys food. Unluckily for Natsu, he did lose the bet, so he doesn't have a choice.

When the food arrives, Erza sniggers as five tables are needed for her order alone, two extra for Grey and another three between everyone else. Along with me, Natsu opted to only order one meal for himself. As everyone begins to eat, he continues to mutter under his breath and glare at Erza. As we ordered considerably less, we finished first. Again, I try to give Natsu the money, but he refuses to take it, muttering about how Grey should watch his back.

Throughout the meal, Juvia keeps glancing in Greys direction, and blushing when he notices. At one point I even see her attempt to hold his hand, but change her mind and pretend to grab her drink. However, Juvia isn't the only one watching her crush, I catch Lucy watching Natsu at one point, then blushing vigorously.

While waiting for everyone else to finish eating, I go to the bathroom. Then, noticing someone sat in a nearby booth, I feel my heart race although I try to act normal.

Locking the door behind me, my mind begins to race. Whoever it is, they smell similar to whoever was in the wood on my first job, and they look like their wearing the same cloak.

As I stand there, I try to come up with a plan to warn the others, however I have no idea how to do so without it being obvious. I could try to call Wendy or Natsu, however I doubt they would hear over everyone else, even with dragon senses. I could just go out there and tell them, but it could be too obvious.

But, before I can think of anything, I hear the bathroom door open and someone else enter. 

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, remember to vote and leave a comment to tell me what you think. The picture at the top is roughly how I imagined the restaurant to look, however it isn't perfect.