Chapter 9

"I'm so tired!" Ella yawed as we strolled back to our camp.

We got a decent amount of money from out last job, so should be able to afford rent soon. If the thought of being shadowed wasn't enough to encourage me to get an apartment, people in the guild are eager to know where I live. This wouldn't be a problem if Ella and I didn't currently live in a wood, telling them that would give them a great impression of us. It didn't bother me before that people saw us living in a tent, but then again I didn't know anyone in previous towns. Ella and I just kept to our selves before.

Arriving back at our camp I subtly surveyed the area. I couldn't see anyone, but that didn't mean they weren't there. When I saw Ella watching me I just lied, I said I thought I saw a rabbit. The last thing I wanted to do was worry her, she probably wouldn't sleep for the next year.

Later that night, long after Ella had fallen asleep, I just lie there, listening. I didn't dare sleep, for all I know there could be someone just outside of the tent. I should tell someone, but I don't want anyone to think I cant handle my own problems. The night was so peaceful and calm, but also deadly. The darkness would be shrouding my stalker, the wind covering any sound they make. I attempt to use my enhanced senses to locate the stalker, however they must be stood in a position that didn't allow me to trace them by sent. But they were definitely there. I cold just tell. This was going to be a long night.

Hours passed, and eventually I begin to see sunlight seeping through the tent. The day would make it easier to see who ever was out there at least. Ella was still asleep so I decide to leave the tent and pick some blackberries from a nearby bush. Luckily it was so close that I could see the clearing the tent was in directly.

When I return, Ella was awake so we shared the berries for breakfast. Freshly picked, wiled berries always tasted better than shop bought ones.
"So, I was thinking we should take another job today. We should have enough money to start renting somewhere then." I say smiling at Ella
"Yeah, then we can show the others where we live- I mean will live" she replies smiling.

We arrive at the guild at around nine o'clock, and, even at that time, it's very lively. Cana also appears to be on her second barrel of alcohol already. For anyone passing bye, this would seem very noisy, but for the fairy tail guild its quite quiet. Saying hi to people as we pass, Ella and I make our way towards the request board.
"We should do this one!" Ella points towards a job on the to right hand corner of the board, "Its on a snowy mountain too so it will help with your training!"
"Great idea" I replied taking the job off the board. "It seems simple enough, all we have to do is retrieve a herb and bring it back here to post it to the client"
"Yeah simple enough, but that herb is guarded by monsters" Someone says behind Ella and I making us jump. Turning around I see its just Grey, who has already lost his clothes.
"Have you ever been up that mountain?" He enquired
"Well... no, but it shouldn't be that hard to navigate" I reply yawning.
"It's harder than you think, I can come with you if you want. Don't worry I don't want any of the pay, just dont think you should be going there alone."
"Are you sure?" Ella asked, placing herself on my shoulder
"Yeah, I can train in the snow at the same time" Grey answered unfazed, then muted under his breath "And it means a day away from Natsu"

While Grey, Ella and I continued to discuss the job, I could see Juvia watching us in the background. More specifically, me. Even when she saw they I knew she was doing so, Juvia didn't divert her gaze. She didn't think I was trying to get between her and Grey, did she? I continue to give her a confused look, but her gaze remains the same.

"So, are you ready to go?" Grey enquires, breaking my chain of thought
"Oh, um... what did you say.." I ask awkwardly, feeling my face flush red "S-sorry I um, zoned out..."
"Haha, don't worry about it!" Grey replies quickly. He then glances in the direction of Juvia and she quickly looks away. "Was she watching us...?"
"Umm, yeah..." I reply awkwardly. I didn't want to come between Grey and Juvia, they seem very close. Did I do something to upset her.
"She needs to stop that." Grey mutters looking to the side.
"Um, Grey... Are you and Juvia going out?" Ella asked sweetly. I know she doesn't mean to cause Grey embarrassment, but his reaction showed it did.
He turns a light shade of pink and doesn't look at Ella when he responds "No, she wishes we were though..."
Then, there was an awkward moment of silence. Feeling uncomfortable, I fill the silence by asking him "So, ready to set off?"
"Sure" Grey replies, no longer flustered and back to his normal colour "I'll let Mira know, then we can set off".

As we leave the guild hall, Ella starts humming to herself lightening the mood. Although she is really shy about it, Ella is actually a really good singer, I have encouraged her to try singing in front of an audience, but she is too shy about it. As we stroke down the street, we run into Lucy, Happy and Natsu and they encourage us on our job (although Natsu does compline that he wants another fight).

I'm so glad Ella and I joined Fairy Tail, Everyone is so nice!

As Saki, Ella and Grey head in the direction of Mount Hakabe, they are closely followed by a fourth wizard. Juvia.

Sorry I haven't updated in ages!!!! I have been really busy with school, but I will try to update more regularly now!