One

"Anquis, Draco, you two take the Southwest Corridors tonight."

"Yes My Lord," we said in unison. I extended my hand to her and she took it without taking her eyes off the far wall. I grabbed my wand with my other hand and apparted us to the apartment we were supposed to share as the two youngest Deatheater's and Voldemort's prized pupils/favorites.

As soon as we arrived her squared shoulders slouched and she fell onto her bed, face down, with a sigh.

"Southwest Corridor again!" she moaned into the pillow which made her voice muffled.

"I know right! You'd think that after making us his pupils he would stop giving us the sissy jobs!" I complained, flopping down on the couch.

She sat up, turning to face me. Her soft dark brown hair was frizzy. Honestly, she was very beautiful. Her skin was smooth and pale like mine, and she had full lips, always in a nude color. But I think the true thing that attracted me to her was her eyes. They were a faded brown that reminded me of Hermione. However her eyes were brighter, full of life, while Anquis's were rather dark, dead, almost.

But still I only saw her as a friend, granted, a very close friend, but a friend alone.

"Well, we better just do it. It's better than whatever my father would do to us if we didn't."

I nodded, standing up and offering her my hand which she took.

"I call dibs of first shower!" she said, sprinting to the closet. Before I could even register that she had moved, she had a pile of clothes and was heading to the bathroom. By the time I realized what happened she had the water running.

I chuckled to myself. She is so sly. No wonder her name is Anquis.

The warm water hit my death cold skin, calming all my nerves. I sighed in satisfaction as the heat traveled my body, sending tingles through my fingertips.

There was a loud crash from the other room. I poked my head out of the curtain and knocked on wall

"Hey Draco, you okay?" I called.

"I'm fine, whoa!" There was another crash. "I'm good!" he called before I could even ask.

I giggled. Only Draco could make me giggle after all this.

Of course he would never know of our past. He doesn't know that I'm really Hermione. My fathers idea. Still, I think he might know who I am, though he just doesn't realize it yet.

I grabbed a towel and secured it over my chest. My hair was a mess but with a flick of my wand it was brushed and dried. I pulled on my night patrol clothes (basically anything black, but, then again, that's all we ever get to where. But I put on a jumper under my favorite T-shirt and black jeans).

When I opened the door, steam seemed to spread throughout the rest of the room. Draco was sitting on his bed with a very unconvincing smile on his face.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing!" he said in a tone that told me that he did do something.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy."

"Okay fine, I knocked over the bookcase."

"Did you break anything?"

"No."

"Oh. Well then I don't care!" I sat down next to him and followed his eyes which were in fact on the bookcase.

He smiled at me but it faded as he seemed to remember something.

"What is it?" I asked in a concerned tone.

"Its just, well, today was a old friend of mines birthday. She meant a lot to me, but, I doubt she's still alive."

Me. He was talking about me. It was September ninth today, my birthday, through we didn't celebrate them here.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave him a sad smile. "I don't think she's dead Draco. And I'm sure she would be happy that you still remember her birthday." I gave him another small grin and wrapped an arm around him and gave him a sideways hug before standing up and grabbing a book from the shelve. "You better go get in the shower or we're going to be late."

As I wrapped the towel around my waist and attempted to comb my hair the Muggle way, without magic, but I failed horribly. After today's chase my hair was sticking up in all directions, even though I had about two pounds of hair gel on my head.

After dressing in my patrol attire I greeted Anquis in the hallway.

"Wow, I don't want to be rude but, you take forever to take a shower," she commented.

"This is true," I said slyly, earning a eye roll, "but you can't blame me. Have you seen this hair? It needs proper treatment!"

She laughed wholeheartedly and pressed a hand to her mouth to try and cover her giggles. She seemed to laugh a lot with me, but only now did it sound familiar.

I ignored that thought and started heading to the Southwest Corridors.

"Hey!" she cried, running after me. "Wait up!"