Twenty Five

"Your dare return here after what you've done!?" Bellatrix shrieked.

I glared at her. She'd already taken all of my wands. So I let her scream and spit in my face, hoping the loud noise would catch Draco or Ginny's ear.

"I've tortured you before and it'll bring me joy to do it again! And you just don't get much joy theses days." She smiled at me with her black teeth and raised her wand. "Crutio!"

Pain split over my body, pulling me to the ground and sucking the air out of my lungs.

I barely had time to take that in before her placed her sharp heeled foot onto my ankle, surely breaking it.

I wanted to cry or yell, but she was already enjoying this too much. I wouldn't give her that satisfaction.

She then picked me off the ground by my head, her nails digging in. "Let's see how strong you really are."

Her grip tightened, and now she was driving my skull into the stone walls of the cellar.

I couldn't help it.

I screamed.

Oh Draco, where are you?

"Had enough? Or want more?" she asked, slapping me so hard I fell to the ground.

Then she kicked me. Hard. In the ribs, earning a loud snap. My lungs shed away from the broken bone and it started to become very hard to breathe. But my God Mother didn't stop.

She kept kicking me, once so forceful that I slid backwards. She was laughing evilly now. Merlin I hated her. Her long, crooked finger slid into her pocket and she pulled out a dagger.

"No."

"Oh yes my Dear God Daughter. Yes." She clutched the handle white knuckled and took my arm. "You were never one of us." She ripped the sleeve up and stabbed the dagger in through the slit I'd already made.

I cried out in pain as she laughed again. Then she took her wand and pressed it to my forehead.

"Reducto!" she screamed. That's the last thing I remember before I was knocked out screaming.

-/-

"Hermione!" I yelled, running down the stairs. "Hermione!"

When I got to the cellar door I could hear the screams and cries much better.

"Hermione!?"

I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge, even when I unlocked it with every charm I knew. I kicked and punched it, returning with bleeding knuckles. Still the door didn't move.

Then I remembered.

Blood will gain you passage.

I took out the knife again and stabbed it into my palm, wincing as it stung slightly. Then I spread the black-red liquid on the wood.

After you consume a soul it mixes with your blood and darkens it. I've consumed so much that my blood was more black than red, but that's what I'm used to.

Now the door creaked open and I rushed forward.

"Hermione!"

What I saw completely disgusted me. Aunt Bella was standing over Hermione who was out cold with scares covering her and blood dripping from her limbs.

"Expelliarmus!" I yelled and her wand flew away "Primeros Totalus!"

I ran to Hermione and mutter a quick healing charm before apperating us to Ginny who was running down the hall.

"Ginny? What's going on?"

"They're here! They found us! The Deatheater's, they're all here!"

We continued running and thank Merlin Hermione is light. She was awake but barely. I had to wake her or she wouldn't make it out.

I risked a look behind me to see an army of silver masked people cloaked in black. I recognized my father out of all of them, but still ran. He wasn't my father anymore.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me into a small chamber off the side of the hall and enchanted the door so that only she could open it.

"What happened?"

"Bellatrix."

"Hell. Okay Mione, this'll taste really bad." She pulled out a vial of greenish liquid and poured it into their brunette's mouth and made her swallow it.

"What was that?"

"Healing tonic. Should start to work in a few minutes, but she wont completely heal until tomorrow."

"We don't have that kind of time! They're out there now!"

"Well we can't apperate because then they'll be able to track us, plus, we'll probably be splinched. We can't fly because we haven't any brooms-"

"Yes we do! Hermione packed some."

I grabbed the bag off of her back and reached in. Merlin, what did she have in here?

"Accio brooms." Two shot out at us, floating just above our hands.

"Come on." I pulled Hermione on in front of me so that she wouldn't fall and Ginny mounted hers.

"Now!"

We shot out onto the the hallway, knocking at least five people over with our force. We headed for the second floor but the others were on their own brooms now and following us tightly.

"Bloody hell," Mione cursed as she gained consciousness.

Her hair visibly became even more frizzy and as she turned to face me I could see all the pain in her eyes.

"Hermione." I said nothing else my just my voice seemed to calm her.

She looked passed me and seemed to instantly go into fight mode.

"I need a wand." I handed her my first spare and she stared throwing wordless spells behind us.

A sharp movement caught my eye and I looked over to see a piece of stone headed straight for Ginny.

"Ginny! Nine o'clock!"

She turned her head, then dived into a 360, missing the debris just in time.

"Thanks Draco!" she called and returned to focus.

"We can't hold them off forever! We need a way out!"

"How? There are no windows and all the doors are locked with charms I don't know!"

"There are windows. Third floor bedrooms," Hermione instructed and steered our broom up the stairs. "Keep going." She turned back and continued to defend our backs.

"Mione, where to?"

"Uh, hard left."

So we went left.

"Quick right, then through the Ballroom."

We went right and through the Ballroom.

"Another left, the door all the way to the end."

We did, but the door was closed and glowing.

"This is Gaunt Manor, only a Gaunt can open enchantments," I whispered.

"Reducto!"

The door shot open just as we were about to collide with it. Then Hermione turned us and pulled my head into a duck as we smashed into the window.

Without another word she took control of the broom and flew us over the forest, laughing while clutching her side.

I started to laugh too, then Ginny joined.

"How in Merlin's Beard did we do that?"

"Don't know buy I'm all for it!"

We continued to fly until we were suddenly apperated.

But it wasn't one of us who did it.