Twenty

I checked my watch for the fifth time.

Two twenty seven. Three more minutes.

"Hermione, are you sure this is safe?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah, well, except the possibility that we may get splinched."

"Which is?"

"Pretty high. But we should be fine! And, even if we do, I have Dittany if we need it."

"Hermione!"

"I'll be the one apperating us so if anyone's getting splinched it's me," I defended.

"Hermione!" Now it was Draco's turn to yell at me.

"You know how to use Dittany right?" He nodded. "So no matter what happens, we'll be fine."

"If you say so Mione," he sighed in defeat.

"Hey, it's two thirty!" Ginny announced.

"Right, let's do this. Everyone ready?" I asked, extending both of my arms to them.

They took them and nodded.

"Don't let me die now," I joked before apperating.

Focus Hermione!

We appeared back in New York, it this time in the Queens.

"Where are we?" the ginger asked just as Draco said, "Are you okay Mione?"

"I'm fine Draco, and Ginny, welcome to Queens New York."

We all looked around, mostly in awe of how the city was still in the state it was years ago.

"Wow, it's like it hasn't changed."

"I don't think I've been here," he said.

"You probably haven't, it's not exactly big attraction."

"Why did you bring us here?" Gin asked.

"For that reason, it's not attractive. No one in their right mind would come here."

"Hermione!"

"Oi! It's Deatheater Code, Gin," the blonde defended. I smiled at him in thanks and he smirked in return.

Ginny just rolled her eyes and turned towards the street that lay before us.

"So how are we going to get Muggle money?"

"We're not going to need it," Draco answered, throwing me a knowing look.

-/-

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that I have a plan. Hermione, I'm gonna need an expired of fake credit card, and Ginny, find me three bottles of Fire-Whiskey."

They looked at me questionably but both apparated away.

It was time to put my acting skills to the test.

I ran a hand through my hair, messing it up and tangling the edges. Then I unzipped my jacket and undid a few buttons from my shirt. Finally I took a rope from a nearby post and wrapped it around my neck. Just as my vision stared to spot I pulled the restraint off.

I checked my reflection in a store window to see dark lines under my eyes. My hair was crazy and my clothes looked like they had been thrown on carelessly.

I looked completely waisted. Perfect.

Moments later the girls reappeared but after seeing my state nearly fainted.

"What happened?" the brunette shrieked.

"So I look convincingly drunk then?"

"Uh, yeah!" Ginny answered as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Good, now give me the card." She handed it over and I shoved it into my back pocket. "Let's see what I can do for you..."

I approached the ginger and spun her around, using my fingers to fizz up her hair.

"Hey!" she cried.

"If you want to be convincible then you need to look waisted."

She groaned loudly but nodded all the same.

I continued by giving both the girls transformations similar to mine.

When I was finished we all looked like we were just coming back from a particularly late night.

"Alright," I said, downing half of my bottled. I gestured for them to do the same.

Hermione just shrugged before taking a expert gulp, but the redhead didn't make any move to sip.

I sighed and took her bottle, nearly finishing it, then handed back to her.

"Okay so here's the plan...

(Explains plan)

Got it?"

They both nodded so I turned and started to head towards the closest hotel.

Clutching the bottle of alcohol tightly, I burst into the lobby, stumbling and tripping over things on purpose. The girls came tumbling in behind me and we made our way to the counter.

"Oi, how much for a stay love?" I asked the small woman behind the counter, forcing a sound of dreaminess into my voice.

"Um, thirty dollars a night sir."

"Here you are," I said, slamming the card onto the table.

"I'm sorry but we don't take credit cards."

That was my cue. I pretended to reach for the card, but in doing so lost my balance and fell over, 'fainting'.

"Oh my god!" the women exclaimed.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he's fine," Hermione answered in the same dreamy tone.

"Alright mate, wake up now," she said, lightly slapping my face.

I groaned and pushed myself up onto my elbows. Hermione pulled me up, allowing me to lean heavily on her.

"Well we ain't got no cash. We're to drunk to drive, where we gonna go Gin?"

"Uh, please, stay here. Take the room on the third floor," the woman said, handing us a key. "Stay as long as you need."

"Oh, thank you love," Ginny replied. Then they both took my arms and lead me up the stairs.

By the time we got there we had fixed our appearance and were walking fine. Hermione unlocked the door and pushed it open, revealing a plain apartment with a cream color scheme.

"Draco, I just gotta say, that was some brilliant acting back there," Gin said, flopping down on the couch.

"It's what I do," I answered, taking another swig of my drink.

"We should run away together more often," said the brunette.

If only she knew how much I would love to run away with her... Again.