Fourteen (EDITED)

I had grown used to pain in the past years, but I'd never felt anything like this.

Draco had reassured me that it would be okay and he would figure out how to help me. Its not that I don't believe him, I just don't think that it was possible to stop this pain.

And of course, there was the whole 'not knowing who I really am' thing. I wanted to tell him, after all he deserved to know, but how does one bring up such a topic?

We still needed a place to stay, and I knew how to get one, but I really didn't want to take that route. That would involve going back there, the place I never wanted to go again, and I already had to suffer a visit yesterday.

Still, I was cold and tired, and the streets were filling up with people.

"Anquis?"

"Yeah?"

"Um, where are we going to stay?"

"I was just thinking that... Well, I do know of one place..."

"Where?"

"I really don't want to go back there, Draco."

He didn't answer, just looked down, defeated.

"But, I suppose we haven't a choice." He met my eyes, looking hopeful. I always loved his eyes, as I knew he did mine, well, my old ones. They were not the gray I thought them. I thought them like stone, but they were more like stormy silver clouds that hid pain behind his strong exterior only I could see through.

"Let's go," I said, offering him my arm. He took it and I apparated us to London's Hampstead Garden Suburb neighborhood, my Muggle home. There was a strong possibility that we could get splinched from such a far apperation, but I'd rather take the risk than look for an active floo network.

"Where are we?"

"Um..." Wait! This would be a perfect way to bring up the conversation! But I don't want him to get angry. Still, he should know where we are. I'd taken him here to meet my parents after we became friend in seventh year.

"Wait, why are we at Hermione's house?" So he wasn't mad, just curious.

"Draco, I have to tell you something."

"Um, yeah. I think so." Maybe he was mad! No, only irritated. I'm sure this place has bad memories for him too.

"Come on, let's go inside and talk." He followed me into the house, as the door was already open.

Now we weren't in a rush, so he could completely examine the house, as I tried my best to cover my eyes.

"We were here yesterday," he concluded, now turning to look at me. "What's going on her Anquis?" he asked softly.

"We should probably sit down." I was stalling and he knew it, still we found a spot on the old, worn couch. The springs screeched beneath us.

"So..."

"Right. You have to promise not to get mad."

"I'll try..."

Here we go.

I took a deep slow breath and thought about how to continue.

"I'm not who you think I am Draco," I started. "Have you ever felt like you've known me? You know, for longer than the two years we have?"

He nodded slowly.

"That's because you have."

He raised a questioning eyebrow.

"I know things about you. Like how in second year you were tricked my Harry and Ron pretending to be Crabb and Goyle."

"How did you-"

"I know that in third year, Hermione punched you square in the nose. I know that a few years ago at Malfoy Manor you saved the trio from my father, and later Harry saved you from the room of requirements after Goyle set it on fire."

"How do you know all this about me!?"

"Think Draco! Who was there for all of those things? Who would know about them even if you never told anyone?"

He seemed to be in deep in thought, then it dawned him and his eyes turned wide as saucers. He opened and closed his mouth several times before he gained enough strength to speak.

"H-Hermione?"

I offered a sad smile before taking out my wand and waving it over my head so that my appearance changed back to the girl no one had seen in years.

"It's really you," he breathed, still staring at me like I'd gone a second head.

"It's me Draco. It's always been me." I didn't get to continue before Draco's arms were around me and squeezing. I hugged him back, trying not to wince as his hands pressed one of my scares.

He pulled back after noticing my pain, a smile on his face.

"I knew it!"

I chuckled. "You were always smart, weren't you?"

"But... How?" he asked, ignoring my statement.

"Okay, so you know that day when my father took power?"

"I think everyone does."

"Well, after your parents took you across the bridge, he called for me. Told me that I was his child and all that crap, now here I am. I actually thought he was gonna kill me at first. I was so reluctant and did everything I could to stay away from everyone. Then he forced me to consume those souls. I guess it turned me bad."

He took my hand, my right one, and raised it to his face.

"I should've known. You still have it."

I looked down in confusion, but then found what he was talking about.

The silver ring with diamonds inside of the top glistened on my middle finger. Draco had gotten me this for Christmas a few years back. I had always wore it, so much so that I often forgot about it, but whenever I was nervous or scared I would always rub that finger, that ring. It reminded me of him.

"Of course I do. I had to remember you somehow."

Once again he hugged me, and I hugged back, ignoring the bone splitting pain that erupted from my torso.

I had Draco, and he had me. The real me. What more could I ask for?