Chapter 7

Carl's pov

I walked out of Rayne's room only to be cornered by her mother, she told me to respect Rayne, and I would. After everyone walked away I went into my room and changed into some jeans, a gray t-shirt with a plaid shirt over that. I was planning on helping reinforce the fences to help keep the walkers out.

Beth's pov

He was helping with the fences and I think I might too, maybe this will help open his eyes and realize I'm better for him. I put on some shorts and a tank top that showed off my assets. Hopefully he will notice me, and how great I look.

Rayne's pov

I got up, put some deodorant on and scrubbed my teeth. I put my jean shorts on along with a black tank top, it was really hot and I felt like I should help out today even though I just wanted to hole up in my room. I walked downstairs and got a slice of bread for breakfast. I walked outside to find Rick or Daryl, to see what I could help out on, I found Rick, walking with a hammer, and went up to him,

"Hey, what can I help out on today?"

"Um, fencing, we're putting up and reinforcing fences to help keep walkers out, you can go over and start by Carl, he has an extra hammer and needs some help."

"Ok, thanks Rick."

"No problem, thanks for helping out yesterday too, you took a lot of 'em out."

I nodded my head, and tried not to think about Sophia.  I went over by Carl, he looked up and smiled, handing me a hammer. I had brought my knife just in case another incident broke out.

I grabbed a plank of wood and placed it, grabbed a nail and hammered it into place. I did that three times on more places on the board. I was placing my second board when Beth came over in a skimpy tank top, which made it look like she was about to spill out of the front.

"Hey, Carl, I heard you needed help on the fence." She said, fluttering her eyelashes, what the actual heck is she doing? Is she in heat or something? She's making herself look ridiculous.

"Rayne is actually helping me, but thanks.." He said, smiling over at me.

"Why her?"

"Because she picked up the hammer first." Carl said like it was obvious, but something told me he wouldn't let her help even if I wasn't here.

"Well I'll go get another one, I'll meet up with you in a little bit." She said walking away, swinging her hips very drastically, it was almost comical, scratch that, it was very hilarious.

"What was she wearing?" Carl asked almost laughing.

"Um, I think I would call that desperation with a dash of hoe." I said laughing, he laughed too, almost to the point of tears.

She came back swinging a hammer, she was going to end up hitting herself, I know it.

"I'm back, did you miss me?" She said running her hands on Carl's shoulders, he looked so uncomfortable.

"Um, not really." He said.

"But why not?" She said sticking her lower lip out like a four year old.

"Because I was with Rayne." He said scooting closer to me, trying to get away from Beth.

"Why would you wanna be 'round her when you could be with me?" She said getting close to his face.

I'm trying to control my anger but she's pushing it. She leaned in going for a kiss, but I wasn't letting it happen. I dropped the hammer and grabbed her around the waist, flinging her to the side.