Chapter 28

Rayne's pov

We walk out of the prison and down to the gates where Rick is. I saw Andrea and another girl, the same one from the house. My eyes widened and I quickened my pace.

"Why should we let you in? you betrayed us." I protested storming down to Rick.

"Because I have important information you guya need to know." Andrea argued with her hands on her hips.

"Like what?"

"About Woodbury." She said and I looked over at Rick, I could see the internal battle, and Carl whispered,

"Let her in, if it goes bad, send her back out." Rick then nodded and went to open the gate.

Andrea and the other girl walked in and looked around. Luckily I had picked up my bow and arrow before we walked out, so I could shoot at a moments notice. She kept walking and they went inside, I followed.

Carl and I were standing in the corner, watching them, he had his pistol in the holster. All they were talking about was the Governor, and I was a little bored of hearing about him, I wish someone would kill him and be done with it. Carl wrapped his arm around me and rested his head on top of mine. 

"Wanna go up to the cell?"He whispered and I nodded yes.

We walked up there quietly and I sat down on his bed, and he sat beside me. We could hear Beth singing to Judith, probably trying to get her to fall asleep. Glenn and Daryl should be back soon with the supplies, if there was no complications. Beth's voice faded, Judith probably fell asleep. I readjusted and laid down behind Carl, stretching and cracking my back. I was up against the wall, staring at the ceiling, and then Carl laid down beside me.

"You know, I'm not even that sad anymore." He said and I slightly shifted, facing him.

"What do you mean? It happened about a week ago."

"I mean, she's not in pain anymore, she doesn't have to suffer anymore." I nodded and said,

"Yeah. You seem to be handling this a lot better than when I put Reese down. It's kind of scary how well we're adapting to everything." I said and he nodded, turning over from his back and looked at me.

"I know." He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear and I smiled, staring into his blue eyes. He cupped my cheek and leaned in, as did I. My eyes fluttered shut, and our lips met. It was nice and slow, but full of emotion. Our lips moved in perfect sync and I didn't want this to end, but unfortunately we needed to breathe.

I leaned up against Carl's chest, sitting in between his legs. He played with a strand of my hair, while I softly hummed one of my favorite songs.

"What song is that? It sounds beautiful." Carl whispered, and I smiled and picked up his hand and intertwined it with mine.

"It's one I grew up on, Loving You by Elvis."

"You sound amazing." Carl whispered in my ear, and I laughed lightly. Footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs.

"Hey, have you seen Rayne? Oh." I heard someone say and I looked up to see Rick.

"Yeah, what did you need me for?" I asked.

"Um, Andrea and the other girl, Michonne, are staying in you cell, so go get your things, and find another one." I nodded and got up, going to get my things.

"Well, better get moving." I said and Carl nodded. We both quickly gathered our belongings and Carl walked out before I did.

"Pick a good one." I called after him and he threw a thumbs up.